Charvel model 5 used price check?

hopkinWFG

Hi guys and gals out here.... would it be possible to know whats a good deal on tge price for a well used Charvel model 5 ?

I saw one on ebay from japan but am not too sure whats the market price for one now?

Its in dark cherry with the usual poplar wings, two hums passive, three knobs and a 5 way selector, mid boost in the circuit and an old Kahler bridge front mounted with no back cavity for springs....

I lately got infatuated with some early mid 80s to 90s Charvel and Jacksons....

Do enlighten me....

I'd say in this market, the neck through model 5 if it's in excellent condition is about a grand. Anything more and it's overcharging. The USA Charvels from 08/09 are double in value, 2K, so the model series follows suit.

I would hold our and find a USA model, the quality difference is noticeable!
Charvel usa ala the soloist is hard to comeby... i dont even know the charvel usa ala model 5 or 6 was even made.... i heard Grover jackson sold or gave rights to the japanese counterpart and thus charvel during the 80s were mostly japanese made?

Thus after playing the anniversary Jackson i can only say the earlier Jackson which came with the heel joint, unrecessed floyd , beefier neck and the 80s floyd with the bigger brass block just sounded different to those Usa select series.... it has thicker tones, and a glow to it ....

Since then i been looking for these earlier soloist with such construction !

Its a shame that jackson has changed the construction of the soloist ....
Things like 3 piece maple neck vs single piece neck thru to scaf joint necks.... i know its a big debate here....

Last edited:
Back