Chassis, OT/PT for 50 watt build?

ledvedder

I'm in the US and looking for a chassis, OT and PT for a 50 watt plexi build. Ideally, I'd love to find a PT to power 12v DC elevated heaters, but that's not a deal breaker. Ceriatone has stuff, but shipping charges are ridiculous these days. Does anyone have a good source in the US for this stuff?

I'd look at valvestorm, they don't have transformers at the moment but do have everything else. Mojotone has chassis but of the ones in stock most are a small box -17.5x 7.5in vs the larger 25x7.5.
I'm using Hammond PT,OT, and choke in my 2203/1959 build and have no complaints. I think everything I needed from valvestorm was ~$400 minus tubes and faceplates (shipping was an additional $30) Transformers were another $300 from amplified parts.

I've been wanting to do another build, but transformer scarcity has been holding me back. Hammonds are easy to get, but the other places don't respond to emails or vms. I have a Hammond PT in my '79 2203 and it sounds fine. But my '69 100w clone build has Merren's and gets compliments from all who hear it. I just don't want to have anything less that in my next build.

Back