China 6L6GC tube ID

SpiderWars

Does anybody know what brand 6L6GC this is (on left)? I bought a quad a long time ago and I can't remember who I got them from. It's not easy to see in the pic but there is getter flash at the bottom on opposite sides. I put it next to a new Tung Sol for size reference.

Also curious if anyone knows what brand this old Soldano-labeled 12AX7A is? I got a couple in a non-Soldano amp purchase and kept them. Sounds really nice the gain stage/cathode follower spots in my SLO-clone.

Lord Valve knew. He called them Shuguang Red Box and out of production for ~10 years. Not expensive. FWIW.

Yes, it is a Shugaung but not C5 I don't think. The C5 have round getters and those Soldanos have square getters. The ones that were/are in my block 5150 also have the square getters (except those are VERY high mileage because the space between the top two spacers is pure opaque flash). C9 maybe?

the tube on the left is a Shuguang, often labeled as a 6L6GC, 6L6GCR and 5881. They came stock in my Mesa Heartbreaker as well in my Pignose G40V and G60VR amps. Actually not bad tubes at all and surprisingly long lived! The preamp tube is Shuguang as well. The clip construction and triple mica gives it away.

Ya, id say the 6l6 on the left is a Shuguang as well.

The 12AX7 is an older 80's chinese tube. (notice the square foil getter)
One of my favorite 12AX7's.

Back