china should be punished....

Mail mostly. Dirty staff. Drones. Not always fentanyl. Lot of times it’s designer stuff that our equipment doesn’t read. You don’t know until you have a staff member in the mail room falling out from coming in contact with it. They spray the shit on a note from their kids or do fake legal mail. Or visitation is another way. I have even seen campers sneak shit in shipments from the outside warehouse into the main institution. We also had anthrax delivered once at my first joint I worked at. We have had inmates die, inmates and staff not respond to narcan because who knows what it is. We have had staff and inmates almost die from being attacked by these dudes who were wacked out on this stuff. Inmates actually called it zombie because they acted like zombies on it. If you ever see a dude walking like a spaceman in the old moon landing videos..he’s on zombie…

I realized the other day that most of the people I was closest to growing up as a young guy are all dead from heroin/fentanyl and drinking related accidents except one friend that was a meth addict and one who abuses psychedelic drugs and has mental illness. I know several other old classmates besides them that also OD'ed. We all make bad decisions. Fentanyl and other hard drugs is just a bad decision with a greater cost so I pray all the time my departed friends have found the Lord's mercy.

There's a rumour going around on the street here that fentanyl burns faster than coke, so the addicts have switched to crack in hopes that they won't overdose (all the coke here is laced with fentanyl now).

I dunno how accurate their assessment is, and I'm pretty damned worried, cuz now everyone's on fucking crack here.

I've never touched coke or crack I won't do that shit. And I'm glad, it fucked this town up something serious.

Really sorry to hear that Floyd.
Two days later while I was cleaning up his bodily fluids off the carpet of his apartment my best friend and my laboror were shot to death in north St. Louis finishing my job. Then on the 29th the river came up and broke a 100 and something year old level record by 4’. The house had a foot of water in it and I lost nearly everything I own. A month or so later my daughter was rushed to the hospital for an emergency cesarean and my grand daughter was born, then died 32 hours later. 2017 suuuuucked.

Two days later while I was cleaning up his bodily fluids off the carpet of his apartment my best friend and my laboror were shot to death in north St. Louis finishing my job. Then on the 29th the river came up and broke a 100 and something year old level record by 4’. The house had a foot of water in it and I lost nearly everything I own. A month or so later my daughter was rushed to the hospital for an emergency cesarean and my grand daughter was born, then died 32 hours later. 2017 suuuuucked.
Damn man that's absolutely brutal. I can't imagine losing my brother let alone everything else you mentoned. We have always been real tight. Sounds to me like that was the sign to start honing your blues bass chops.

Damn man that's absolutely brutal. I can't imagine losing my brother let alone everything else you mentoned. We have always been real tight. Sounds to me like that was the sign to start honing your blues bass chops.
The next 6 months my wife and I slept in my friend’s basement while I went to work, then straight out to my house to work on it until about 10, then back up to town to sleep in a basement, rinse, repeat. Had to take my cat to my parent’s. We moved back in 6 months to the day later. I took it down to the dirt. Walls were held up by bottle jacks while I replaced the floor joists and subfloors. Fuckers bad ass now. Completely redesigned. Everything except the old rough cut oak studs and the foundation is brand new.

There was no time for the blues my friend. There was no time to grieve or mourn.

The next 6 months my wife and I slept in my friend’s basement while I went to work, then straight out to my house to work on it until about 10, then back up to town to sleep in a basement, rinse, repeat. Had to take my cat to my parent’s. We moved back in 6 months to the day later. I took it down to the dirt. Walls were held up by bottle jacks while I replaced the floor joists and subfloors. Fuckers bad ass now. Completely redesigned. Everything except the old rough cut oak studs and the foundation is brand new.

There was no time for the blues my friend. There was no time to grieve or mourn.
Must've been a pretty good structure to begin with if it was worth going to that trouble. And I can bet it's badass now. No point in doing it if you ain't gonna do it right. Were you close with your brother? My bro plays the drums in my band and does all the booking, plays in a 2nd band, and in a church group while holding down a full time job. A workaholic like this other guy I know^ haha

By the way, flood insurance is a scam. 😉
I feel like all homeowners insurance is just a scam and I have never carried any beyond the closing phase of the purchase. If I get blowed down or burnt out I'll buy a nice wall tent at Cabela's. My wife already understands this concept. If I get flooded it's a biblical event since I'm 900 feet above sea level and a big boat would be a better investment...

Must've been a pretty good structure to begin with if it was worth going to that trouble. And I can bet it's badass now. No point in doing it if you ain't gonna do it right. Were you close with your brother? My bro plays the drums in my band and does all the booking, plays in a 2nd band, and in a church group while holding down a full time job. A workaholic like this other guy I know^ haha

I feel like all homeowners insurance is just a scam and I have never carried any beyond the closing phase of the purchase. If I get blowed down or burnt out I'll buy a nice wall tent at Cabela's. My wife already understands this concept. If I get flooded it's a biblical event since I'm 900 feet above sea level and a big boat would be a better investment...
I guess. Not as close as some, closer than others. He had drug problems. Did a couple years for passing out on a highway and hitting a police cruiser that was on the shoulder. I loaned him $500 I knew I’d never see again about a month before he died. He had been clean since he got out of prison 18 months earlier. Hooked up with one of his prison buddies one day and that was that. His death crushed my parents. Their granddaughter, my sisters kid, died of a heroin overdose a few years before that.

The thing about flood insurance is it isn’t a valued policy. So while you’re required to carry enough coverage to rebuild your house, unless your house floats away or is leveled completely you will never get that payout. They’ll send an adjuster who will tell you they’ll only pay to cut out the bottom 2’ of drywall, won’t pay to replace the joists or subfloor or remove the insulation that wicked the floodwater up like a sponge. I am forced to carry 180k in flood insurance ( the premiums rival my mortgage, seriously) but when my house flooded they gave me 25k. I took out another 30k in a loan and gutted the fucker. Did all the work myself except I had my buddy who has been an electrician for 35 years supervise and advise me on the electrical. Literally everything in that house except the studs was replaced. Entire electrical and plumbing systems. Every piece of insulation and drywall. Floor joists, subfloors. I put a continuous floating floor throughout the entire house. Cut 2 big French doors in where there was nothing before and one 3 light slider. All on load bearing walls. Put a few extra windows in. Took a couple walls out and put in beams to open the floor plan up. And on and on. Luckily my wife is extremely handy and that is exactly the kind of work I’ve done most of my life. I can only imagine what it would cost to hire someone to do all that shit. I had 60k just in material and appliances.

Back