Chiron Deluxe : NPD

griff10672

Just finished testing this one last night ....
my stock Chiron circuit ..... with the addition of a input cap switch to go from stock ( guitar ) to a much better value that is more suited towards a bass
plus a treble mod switch ..... this will fatten up the treble on the circuit
and finally I split the dual pot into two individual pots ... now you have control over the overdriven signal and the clean signal separately
1710162892599.jpeg

Last edited:
I like the gain/clean split controls. Could you explain what the treble fattening does? Is this like a fat switch that only affects the high end or something? Also, can it use 9v power? You mentioned the Chiron was the only one but this is a special edition. As always, nicely executed Wayne. I mean, it's GOLD. :love:

Chiron that works for bass too. This is going to go on my must have list.
I've had a few bass players hit me up since the initial Chiron run .... that mod is all off of their feedback ....
I like the gain/clean split controls. Could you explain what the treble fattening does? Is this like a fat switch that only affects the high end or something? Also, can it use 9v power? You mentioned the Chiron was the only one but this is a special edition. As always, nicely executed Wayne. I mean, it's GOLD. :love:
yes ..... you could call it a fat switch for the high end . it's not extreme ..... but definitely noticeable .... one of the few complaints of the Klon circuit is that it can get thin sounding ...
unfortunately ....... no 9 Volt battery option on this one ...... just a standard 9Volt DC jack .... the regular Chiron is the only pedal I offer that with .

I could have used one of these when I was still gigging. Bass player in a 3 piece hard rock cover band. A pedal you can use to overdrive the high end while leaving the low end nice and fat is a great thing. I used a TAFM in that capacity but I was never totally happy with it. In the end I wound up going straight to my SVT II non pro. It’s a very responsive amp. Go from clean to dirt by plucking harder. Sometimes though you need more than some regular tube amp dirt. Especially in a 3 piece covering shit like Deftones.

Back