Comparison Questions Between Fish and 20th Shiva

ttosh

Some questions about these two, I have owned a few XTC's and one reissue Fish, liked the Fish more than any XTC except the 20th Ann XTC, it was flat out amazing and a horrible mistake in selling. With that aside, the questions regarding the Fish vs. 20th XTC Shiva (EL34/KT88)

Which has the better clean
Which has more gain
Which is most versatile in covering more styles of music.

Which can get the closest to the blue channel on the 20th XTC
Which can get the closest to the singing leads from the red channel of the 20th XTC

Any other comments or discoveries between the two or in regards to either one is appreciated as well.

tripstan":3jwvegrm said:
AmpAddict should be able to chime in on this. If he doesn't maybe PM him. He also has a few vids on youtube of the Fish and I've seen a Shiva in the background. Under the name Treetopper. Copy and paste this, https://www.youtube.com/user/Treetopper# ... YzPAmdJfeE , if you can't find him. He's also posted a few videos of it here, maybe a month ago?

Thanks I have heard his clips, I like the Fish through the CCV power section better than the CCV clips personally. Waiting for others to chime in!!!

I cant speak for the xtc cause i havent owned one yet, but I do hav a 1rst run fish and 20th shiva..love both. will never get rid of either.As far as your ch. questions, ill hav to check into that more, but I find myself using the shiva for country rock and pop stuff, and the fish for heavy rock/metal stuff.I like the cleans on the shiva better.Fish has more gain than my shiva...I would love get an 20th xtc though!

Back