Considering a Metropoulos Metro-Plex....

Do it! Do it! I watched Lance Keltner's demo vid and it sounds stellar. Then again, that guy could sell me a Bugera, but the amp still sounds phenomenal. He said it's pretty much the best in the business for that style of amp.

I own one. It's one of my favorite amps. I have the 22nd built (which sounds like bragging but really I just like that my serial number is 22 haha). The core tone is the 12,000 series Super Leads and it does that very well. The Modded mode adds gain and a hair of compression but still feels like a Plexi. Just more of a pissed off hot-rodded Plexi. The EQ controls are not your typical Marshall style controls. They have a broader sweep and range to them, especially the mid and treble controls. Also the built in boost circuit works really, really well. It can do a gain boost, volume/solo boost or both depending on how it's set. The effects loop is also excellent. All things told, even with the bells and whistles, it's very simple and intuitive to use. Great amp and George is a great guy to do business with. Currently they're offering a lower gain version of the MP based more around the tones of the 45/100. Email George or talk to Cliff at Destroy All Guitars and see which one would be right for you.

This sounds damn good...hmm mm. ..really like the volume boost option. I'll be looking further into this one

Velvetgeorge":3m46c3k9 said:
Congrats!

Let me know the serial number. There are a few updates you may want to get installed.

george

Metroplex will be here Saturday or Monday.
Can't wait George! I traded an amp for one of your 12,000 replica's back in March, liked that one so much I picked up a used Metropoulos 50 watt Plexi replica soon after as well as metro 2203 kit you guys built in the shop five years ago. So this will make 3 of your production amps and then 1 metro kit amp. Can't get enough of your stuff but I'm thinking there will be some more redundancy!

Wow! That's a great crop of Metro stuff. Thanks a million!

The Metro-Plex is right there with all of those amps. Honestly, it beats them at some things. You're going to love it.

george

Velvetgeorge":19111qzy said:
Wow! That's a great crop of Metro stuff. Thanks a million!

The Metro-Plex is right there with all of those amps. Honestly, it beats them at some things. You're going to love it.

george

Thanks for building top notch Amps George! I am just sorry you never saw any of the money with all this stuff being used. I have bought and sold tons of amps and always buy used so I don't lose my ass if I sell but I have no desire to sell any of your stuff lol!

Velvetgeorge":2pget247 said:
Congrats!

Let me know the serial number. There are a few updates you may want to get installed.

george

Looks to be serial 044.

Back