Country Music scale/sounds

What is meant by 'mixing the major 3rd and the minor 3rd together?' Sorry if I'm being dense. That sounds a little foreign to me. Are you just playing a scale that goes 1->2->b3->3->4->5->6->b7? That would make sense with the bending that has been described. It seems odd though to put those minor 3rds in there. Then, if you also work with the Blues b5, aren't you playing a heck of a lot of notes? I thought country could be done very simply. Maybe I'll start trying out that idea of major pentatonic with either a b7 or a b5. That seems like it could work and is simple.

srinivassa":343lt9vp said:
What is meant by 'mixing the major 3rd and the minor 3rd together?' Sorry if I'm being dense. That sounds a little foreign to me. Are you just playing a scale that goes 1->2->b3->3->4->5->6->b7? That would make sense with the bending that has been described. It seems odd though to put those minor 3rds in there. Then, if you also work with the Blues b5, aren't you playing a heck of a lot of notes? I thought country could be done very simply. Maybe I'll start trying out that idea of major pentatonic with either a b7 or a b5. That seems like it could work and is simple.

If I understand you correctly... I believe that what is meant is that lets say you are playing in Em... 3rd would be G. Now instead of always using that, you don't need to be scared of using the G* (which would make it a E Major) here and there.

Sorry... best explanation I could come up with right now.

Back