Dave Navarro tone

Gorehog

Is always good in the live stuff ive seen.ive never actually seen them, but the DVDs and live CDs are great. I Just watched the newest DVD and again the tone is great. Pretty sure he uses a jcm900. With a bunch of Boss pedals and a PRS. It works.

For sure. Sounds great on record too. I love his playing and tone on the "The Panic Channel" stuff.

I saw him last summer on one of the tours with Alice in Chains in TO. He had a decent live tone. I didn't think he was having that great of a night though....hey...it happens to everyone.

agreed his live tone has always sounded really good...its alot of boss pedals and some sort of amp...

Rezamatix":1nztuls1 said:
My buddy is his tech, works on his amps etc.
It's JCM 900 all day.

I thought i read it somewhere. Im pretty sure theres a Boss Tuner/Chorus/ and a DD-3.

glassjaw7":17xjomef said:
For sure. Sounds great on record too. I love his playing and tone on the "The Panic Channel" stuff.

I like the Panic Channel stuff as well. I couldnt gel with the deconstruction album.RHCP is a total waste in my opinion. But the Janes stuff is great. Luv the early stuff. My old band played the mountain song for yrs.i line the new stuff as well.

glassjaw7":20x5wwwo said:

I was never a fan of Navarro/Jane's until I saw Panic Channel open for Rockstar Supernova (that horrible band that came out of that "reality" show")
Great singer (Steve Isaacs), strong songs, and some real creative playing and cool tones from Navarro. I was really impressed. Bought the CD right away.

Ended up leaving the Supernova set early it was so bad.

As stated before, he uses a JCM900. The dreaded Reverb model to boot. Lol. I think he gets some very solid rock tones.

joepete77":2j4x8k24 said:
In Janes I believe he used Jcm 900 heads and has alot boss pedals.

jcm900 was released in early 90s, maybe 91 I think? Janes album Nothings Shocking was released in 87 I think, some thick tones on that. I wonder what he was using on that album, maybe an 800?

Gorehog":2zxajmkd said:
glassjaw7":2zxajmkd said:

I like the Panic Channel stuff as well. I couldnt gel with the deconstruction album.RHCP is a total waste in my opinion. But the Janes stuff is great. Luv the early stuff. My old band played the mountain song for yrs.i line the new stuff as well.

I wasn't a fan of the vocals of Deconstruction, but there was some good music, if they had a good singer on a few of those songs they would have been great.

Gorehog":1skrvj1j said:
Is always good in the live stuff ive seen.ive never actually seen them, but the DVDs and live CDs are great. I Just watched the newest DVD and again the tone is great. Pretty sure he uses a jcm900. With a bunch of Boss pedals and a PRS. It works.

You have Phobia as your avatar, that's awesome. As for Dave Navarro, dude needs to do more playing and less cheesedink show hosting.

He was definitely a solid player in his prime. I think he was much better than his playing showed being that (in my opinion) Jane's Addiction is/was pretty crappy. You can hear brief moments of his skill at times but not often. I would have liked to have heard him in something shreddier in the 90's. I don't think he's kept up much with a practice routine. More so just maintain the JA setlist and that's it.

timeroo":17oixfyt said:
I think he was much better than his playing showed

I'll agree with this.

Being in the zone, or "feeling it" doesn't always translate to a great performance. But, I tend to enjoy hearing the "less than perfect"ness of some players.

Back