Deadly

Yeah they probably walked 10-16miles a day, carried shit around while doing it. Probably had to run some distance each day. They wouldve spent far more time with their heart rate in zone 2. They were probably smaller but had a higher percentage of muscle mass and a lower percent of body fat.

Yeah they had to run, after their food bro :ROFLMAO:

I've been an avid cyclist all my life, rarely have I spent much time off. I easily ride 40+ miles per week. That was not enough to keep myself healthy

People like to romanticize early diet of hunters and gatherers. Truth would be closer to it being highly variable and season dependent.
They would sucked down a lot of raw honey, eaten lots of tubers etc, lots of carbs some days. Other days they might just eat meat and some berries.

A Lot of raw honey? Doubt it, probably some sure. But coming by it frequently unlikely. Motherfuckers were eating meat, and a lot of it.

They damn sure were not baking loaves of bread, and rolling out pasta :ROFLMAO:

I've been an avid cyclist all my life, rarely have I spent much time off. I easily ride 40+ miles per week. That was not enough to keep myself healthy

A Lot of raw honey? Doubt it, probably some sure. But coming by it frequently unlikely. Motherfuckers were eating meat, and a lot of it.

The Hadzabe tribes people are pretty much the closest we have to hunter gatherer tribes. They eat a lot of honey. About 15-20% of their total calories come from honey. Its not like the honey we buy.

If you are cycling 40+miles a week and not staying healthy you are fucking up in other aspects of your life or you contracted an illness or disease that is outside the scope that living a healthy life style can prevent.
I contracted a food born virus and got liver disease. I had always lived a healthy lifestyle(there are a few caveats to that) but that virus fucked me up for a long while. Just building back up from it, the recovery took quite a few years.
Diet and exercise are two separate subjects but they interconnect at many points. You can ride your bike all you want but you wont out ride a shit diet or alcohol/smoking habit.

Thanks to @CrazyNutz I hit that three mile run this morning with my yella dog. Ran about two thirds of the way. There is a tough hill going to the cul-de-sac and the smaller hills get tougher on the way back, lol. The downhills are the worst I take it real easy and don't beat up my knees. Being in shape just makes all my manual labor tasks that much easier. Same with playing gigs. And the slow pushups help build forearm strength, better guitar hand.

If you are cycling 40+miles a week and not staying healthy you are fucking up in other aspects of your life or you contracted an illness or disease that is outside the scope that living a healthy life style can prevent.

No illnesses, nor disease. If I had that then ketogenic diet I'm mentioning would not have even worked.

It was too many carbs, and processed food, next would have been sugar ( I was never a sugar freak like some people but it did get plenty )

I bought into the low fat diet BS, and would buy low fat everything, totally ignoring the carb content, and processed as being a problem.

I contracted a food born virus and got liver disease. I had always lived a healthy lifestyle(there are a few caveats to that) but that virus fucked me up for a long while. Just building back up from it, the recovery took quite a few years.
Diet and exercise are two separate subjects but they interconnect at many points. You can ride your bike all you want but you wont out ride a shit diet or alcohol/smoking habit.

WOW, glad you're recovering.

I had fatty liver, and my Dr told me to stop drinking, so I did. But it did not change my liver results, they actually continued to decline.
Was freaking me out, especially since I had a good friend, and my brother die from liver failure. I was trying all the diets the Dr suggested,
0 results. All the balanced diet shit = nothing.

Went on Keto (mind you this is a few years ago) immediate results, felt better, body fat melted off. 20-30lb in a single month type of results.
Next lab results were perfect, right in the middle of all the ranges. I went from the worse lab results of my life, and two months later perfect!

Ate the fuck out of red meat, fat, bacon (you all the shit that's supposed to kill you immediately ) eggs (with yolk) avocado, real butter.
Green veggies, and berries, olive oil.

As the analytical person I am, I had to understand why this worked so flawlessly. So I researched it, after I got the results. Going back to your comment about people fantasizing about early human diets, that was not me (nor is it now), but this being close to early human diet is the conclusion I came to.

If you ever try this, you'll understand. It feels like you're running on the right gas, and you've been pumping the wrong gas all your life.

Thanks to @CrazyNutz I hit that three mile run this morning with my yella dog. Ran about two thirds of the way. There is a tough hill going to the cul-de-sac and the smaller hills get tougher on the way back, lol. The downhills are the worst I take it real easy and don't beat up my knees. Being in shape just makes all my manual labor tasks that much easier. Same with playing gigs. And the slow pushups help build forearm strength, better guitar hand.

Right on, you might consider cycling as it is lower impact on your joints. Also contrary to popular belief, cycling works your whole body (not just legs) your core is used for balance, so it tightens up, and your upper body is also in kind of a mid pushup form the whole time, so uses the hell out of those muscles.

Right on, you might consider cycling as it is lower impact on your joints. Also contrary to popular belief, cycling works your whole body (not just legs) your core is used for balance, so it tightens up, and your upper body is also in kind of a mid pushup form the whole time, so uses the hell out of those muscles.
I have a shovelhead project that precludes buying a bicycle. I'd get run over out here anyways. It's a really bad area to ride a bike plus I like to take the dog to protect me from other dogs. I'd wind up crashing trying to run her on a bike. I go real easy on the knees and use knee braces. The downhills are worse than the uphills so I just cruise easy until I'm back into it. I used to hate running until about ten years ago I figured out that it's like playing music, just find the right tempo for your fitness level and work upwards from there.

I’m pretty anti big government but it’s criminal what is allowed in our food. One thing the European people have done right is their food regulations. I don’t why we are having all these health problems and the weight epidemic….we keep stuffing ourselves with poison. Constantly. Even the containers being used cause cancer as well. It’s criminal.

You're unhealthy, your lab results are bad, are you on meds? Are you trying to do that suggested low fat diet, and eat smaller portions bullshit?

Madness, stop it!

The top problem is SUGAR, it is poison to your body, you might as well be micro dosing cyanide because you like the taste.

Next up is carbs from refined bread, this is that nice soft white bread, -spoiler alert- it's fucking POISON.

And lastly, all the other processed shit, this includes oils, and most pre-packaged food. Only eat this if you're interested in a slow agonizing death.

Now what do you eat?
MEAT, including the FAT
Green veggies mostly, some other colors are ok, but greener "usually" means lower sugar.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Real Butter (kerry gold)
Honestly I would stay away from grain based stuff, but if you must, don't eat it all the time, and only get the real unprocessed shit.

Stay away from most fruit, it has been cultivated to have more sugar content that it naturally should. Eat berries instead, less sugar, more nutrients.

Discuss
You can safely do high fat or high carb diets, just not both. Okinawans have historically had the highest percentage of people live to be 100 years old. The traditional Okinawa diet is about 85% carbs from potatoes and fruits.

People want to simplify diets as what makes them unhealthy. It’s basically not eating to match your activity level. Active people do better with more carbs. People that are sedentary or have to go extended periods between meals or activities are better off with higher fat lower carb. Since many of us sit at a desk all day, we should avoid high carbs.

You can safely do high fat or high carb diets, just not both. Okinawans have historically had the highest percentage of people live to be 100 years old. The traditional Okinawa diet is about 85% carbs from potatoes and fruits.

People want to simplify diets as what makes them unhealthy. It’s basically not eating to match your activity level. Active people do better with more carbs. People that are sedentary or have to go extended periods between meals or activities are better off with higher fat lower carb. Since many of us sit at a desk all day, we should avoid high carbs.

Right you can't do both carbs, and fat. Also pretty sure the traditional Okinawan diet would have been good natural complex carbs, and not the garbage we have on 90% of our store shelves.

When I'm going for a ride I'll eat a little natural sweet potato.

Right you can't do both carbs, and fat. Also pretty sure the traditional Okinawan diet would have been good natural complex carbs, and not the garbage we have on 90% of our store shelves.

When I'm going for a ride I'll eat a little natural sweet potato.
what you ridin?

Back