Delete please

Not me. I don't keep up with them at all. Legendary band who could retire today and live a luxurious retirement. I can't see them ever putting anything out that would suit my tastes again. I do hope James is ok or whatever the situation is and Trujillo was a great addition.

I'm a massive Metallica fan. James was the guy who inspired me to pick up a guitar in the first place, and for the past 20 years or so I've been lucky enough to carve out something resembling a living playing music. I'll be eternally grateful to the guy for the rest of my life for that.

That said, they've put their bodies through hell for decades, and have spent huge stretches of time away from their families. At this point, I just want them to be happy and healthy and enjoy the spoils of their career spending time with their loved ones. If James feels up to touring, cool. If not, he deserves to just hang out with his kids and catch up on lost time.

Nothing to stress about. His health and well being is far more important than anything else, including his band. I applaud him for doing what's best for him and if it means cancelling shows then great, cancel some shows. Fans can be a little selfish at times but we love the music so its hard to sit back and accept that we might miss a show or two. Lets hope he gets healthy and gets back on the road at some point.

In real life Hetfield is not a.... never mind

Lets just put it this way Hetfield himself said in a recent interview if you knew a lot of things he did you would not like him.

After St. Anger I just couldn't identify with them anymore... Death Magnetic had like one or two ok songs and then after that I could care less.

I think they should retire.

Would be cool to see a Hetfield solo project that was more blues/country type stuff but yeah... Metallica they are over the hill. Just throw in the towel at this juncture.

When I was younger I was one of their biggest fans and to this day I still have a few ESP explorers and other Metallica type gear. I appreciate what they have done and the legacy. If they break up tomorrow I could care less.

Stressed about what, a band? Plz. Lots more important things going on in the world right now. I do wish James all the best and liked their early stuff. But stressed, nah, way too busy for that...

Nitrobattery":c5w2bppk said:
I'm a massive Metallica fan. James was the guy who inspired me to pick up a guitar in the first place, and for the past 20 years or so I've been lucky enough to carve out something resembling a living playing music. I'll be eternally grateful to the guy for the rest of my life for that.

That said, they've put their bodies through hell for decades, and have spent huge stretches of time away from their families. At this point, I just want them to be happy and healthy and enjoy the spoils of their career spending time with their loved ones. If James feels up to touring, cool. If not, he deserves to just hang out with his kids and catch up on lost time.

Yep, exactly how I feel about it.

I really wish Hetfield and Mustaine would do a song together. Some heavy song with other "Big 4" guys like Frank Bello on bass and Dave Lombardo on drums or something. Just a song in an early-80s metal vibe.

BrokenFusion":wq73q7l8 said:
I don' stress about multi millionaires. I got my own worries.
Exactly. I’m stressed about my sick family and friends, not by multi millionaire rockstars with addiction issues.....Players only love you when they’re playing...

i'm stressed that cliff is dead and that he took the soul of the band with him
i can't believe how shitty Lars' RECORDED drums are on every album after the garage days ep
hard to believe they got over as far as they did with a bar band quality drummer.
kirk has gotten worse as time has elapsed,out of key,shit vibrato etc etc.
james is into killing animals for fun
i am a vegetarian
hard for me to feel sorry for a guy who is worth 150+ million who can't control his basic urges
i'll stick with OVERKILL, Megadeth, Death Angel and dozens of other bands over shitallica
thanks

BrentSSL":3tumijmt said:
see I think some of you guys are missing the point what I'm kind of stressed about is that two of the shows I was going to go to Sonic Temple and louder than life got canceled. Not only was I making my vacation plans around the events but it was kind of the only thing I had this year that I was really interested in doing. I mean I'd be okay if Metallica retired tomorrow I would understand. However this really bummed me out especially after the ticket scandal. I'm a huge Metallica fan and I hope their farewell tour is epic.
Check out the last post in this thread. From me. From last night. It details why he is not going to those two shows. Sucks but it is rather insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Good news is that as of right now, most of this year's tour is intact - which is a good thing.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=207188

I was planning on going to Louder Than Life as well and I also hope their tours are epic. I'm also mainly a fan of their of music from the 80's. As such, I don't get too hung up on their most recent albums, how good the drummer is, why Mustaine is not in the band anymore. I really don't care.

I do wish James the very best. Alcoholism is a bitch.

This is indirectly related if you are interested - I just ran across it.

Basically it is an interview with the main guy at DWP who is the biggest promoter for the US festival market. He answers as to what do you do when your headliner and the biggest band in the world has to cancel on you (Louder than Live and Sonic Temple).

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/in ... lains.html

Again - big props to James for putting his health ahead of a festival date. He could have easily cancelled the 'sobriety weekend' instead.

311splawndude":2qibj5md said:
This is indirectly related if you are interested - I just ran across it.

Basically it is an interview with the main guy at DWP who is the biggest promoter for the US festival market. He answers as to what do you do when your headliner and the biggest band in the world has to cancel on you (Louder than Live and Sonic Temple).

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/in ... lains.html

Again - big props to James for putting his health ahead of a festival date. He could have easily cancelled the 'sobriety weekend' instead.

For sure James health comes first and I was just reading that article

Metallica is my favorite band and I've been listening to them since 85'. I've seen Metallica twice in concert. Once on the Black Album tour and then last year on the Hardwired tour. Unfortunately for me, both times I've seen them it did not knock me out. The sound wasn't inspiring and compared to other shows I've seen like AC/DC, KISS, and even Faith No More in a place the size of my downstairs, just didn't blow me away. I still love the band and know they bring it live, just wasn't able to connect with those shows.

In this day and age, I think we are all spoiled by how easy it is to see a band, meet a band, get all of the gossip on a band, etc. Anyone at least as old as me (late 40s) can vouch that back in the day you were clueless on anything going on with your favorite band. Your "view" of the band was by reading the album sleeve notes and waiting for Circus or Hit Parader to throw you a hint on what was going on.

Bands tour relentlessly and a lot of these guys are going to "Die with their Boots On" as the old saying goes. These guys are basically playing up until they die in a lot of cases. Maybe that is what they want, I don't know. As far as James goes, that guy has written riffs and toured enough to deserve whatever he wants to do, especially with his struggles. Trust me, I live in the past and would still be wearing eyeliner and tiger-striped muscle shirts if I could get away with it. LOL! I wish my favorite bands could go on forever but unfortunately they are going to go away so gotta remember the memories.

controlled_voltage":36yuxjuy said:
i'm stressed that cliff is dead and that he took the soul of the band with him
i can't believe how shitty Lars' RECORDED drums are on every album after the garage days ep
hard to believe they got over as far as they did with a bar band quality drummer.
kirk has gotten worse as time has elapsed,out of key,shit vibrato etc etc.
james is into killing animals for fun
i am a vegetarian
hard for me to feel sorry for a guy who is worth 150+ million who can't control his basic urges
i'll stick with OVERKILL, Megadeth, Death Angel and dozens of other bands over shitallica
thanks
This ^ in spades

Back