Detroit 18 & 40!!!

WIRED

Can't wait for the Detroit series to come out. Are these the new "HG" alternatives to the Rebel 20/30? Based on the NAMM video, these amps look & sound really good & the new features are great too. And, they'll be assembled in the US :rock:

Anyone else psyched for the Detroit amps?

I saw the clip and was blown away. I had an Armageddon and it had Q & C issues. I do not what I am more excited about, the new Detroit Series or Egnater bringing back production to the US :thumbsup: !!!!!!!

1meanplexi":2kz9qks7 said:
I do not what I am more excited about, the new Detroit Series or Egnater bringing back production to the US :thumbsup: !!!!!!!

I'm in the latter of the two, only because I'd love a USA-made Tourmaster or Tourmaster HG!
:rock:

But that Detroit 40 is the business; definitely can hold its own with other mini heads.

Bucksears":3l1reaxx said:
1meanplexi":3l1reaxx said:
I do not what I am more excited about, the new Detroit Series or Egnater bringing back production to the US :thumbsup: !!!!!!!

I'm in the latter of the two, only because I'd love a USA-made Tourmaster or Tourmaster HG!
:rock:

But that Detroit 40 is the business; definitely can hold its own with other mini heads.
Are the Tourmaster and/or Renegade really going to be made in the U.S. now? I thought it was just the Detroit amp.

In the video, Bruce says that this is the START of bringing production back here, so I'm hoping the rest will follow suit. But to me, the Detroit series is so similar to the Rebel that I'm wondering if the plan is to rename them when they're USA-made. i.e. leave the old name/association behind?
It would make good business sense to do so.

I doubt the Detroit line will replace the Rebel/Renegade line. Otherwise, why would there be HG versions with the same naming convention?

bbaug14":1x6imrze said:
I doubt the Detroit line will replace the Rebel/Renegade line. Otherwise, why would there be HG versions with the same naming convention?

I would agree, but the HG line was not even officially released (no real marketing/ads for it) and has yet to ship.

Bucksears":24unygnw said:
bbaug14":24unygnw said:

I would agree, but the HG line was not even officially released (no real marketing/ads for it) and has yet to ship.

Yeah, the HG series amps were removed from the website a while back. From a marketing standpoint, I think it would be better to offer the Detroit series as a "higher gain" alternative to the rebel line.

I think they are trying to avoid what happened with the Vengeance and Armageddon- "announced" on the website, and then about 2 years before they actually arrived in stores.

I "americanized" my tourmaster. did some mods to it. put a new PT in it. fixed some wiring issues in it that i found..

the ONLY thing i haven't fixed is the reverb issue i have...you can search that here on the site to find it....2 reverb trannies now.

haven't had my iron in it in a while, as i've been getting my 5150 mods down pat, and some other groundfloor planning for my amp and guitar modding service.

Len Rabinowitz":22ymp267 said:
I think they are trying to avoid what happened with the Vengeance and Armageddon- "announced" on the website, and then about 2 years before they actually arrived in stores.
I agree. That was a disaster.

I'm sure it was all due to production problems in China, but in the end, Bruce is the one who ended up with egg on his face. Too bad, too, because the Armageddon is a truly great sounding amp.

I just seen the clip about these amps. I cant wait to hear one in person. Great look and options. Man did they put a ton in that 40.

1meanplexi":hoxcbm90 said:
I saw the clip and was blown away. I had an Armageddon and it had Q & C issues. I do not what I am more excited about, the new Detroit Series or Egnater bringing back production to the US :thumbsup: !!!!!!!

I hope the US made one's are as great as the Chinese models.
Made in US does not often = high QA/QC
Unfortunately they'll be lots more expensive though :D

Waxhead":20a5tayp said:
1meanplexi":20a5tayp said:

In the case of Egnater amps, USA made sure does mean high QC. I've owned several of Bruce's amps made by him, and they are incredibly well made.

squank":31licnn9 said:
Waxhead":31licnn9 said:
1meanplexi":31licnn9 said:

In the case of Egnater amps, USA made sure does mean high QC. I've owned several of Bruce's amps made by him, and they are incredibly well made.

Well I hope that's the case with the Detroit.
Be interesting to see how big the price increase is.
I'd prefer a Chinese one for half the price myself :D

I love the china prices too but, being an american, WE NEED JOBS. Big thanks to Bruce Egnater for doing this. Wake up USA, these other country's are kickin our ass and laughing all the way to the bank. :confused: I hope not to offend anyone, :D just my humble American opinion. I think on paper, China owns us now, right? :doh:

jamme61":1m7kia9w said:
I love the china prices too but, being an american, WE NEED JOBS. Big thanks to Bruce Egnater for doing this. Wake up USA, these other country's are kickin our ass and laughing all the way to the bank. :confused: I hope not to offend anyone, :D just my humble American opinion. I think on paper, China owns us now, right? :doh:

Well join the rest of the world then.
For 50 yrs the USA has owned most other countries - their land, economy, oil, dependence on aid etc.
You still own many.
In Australia in the 1980's there was despair that Japan was buying up half our country.
They tried but we turned out to be too big and their economy went down the tubes anyway.
Now we're concerned about China too.
Chinese Corps are now buying up Aussie ranches that are bigger than many US states (no exaggeration).
They're doing that everywhere so welcome to normal business as usual when you're not the No 1 world economy and big brother decides to take over. :D

Let's see what the Detroit RRP prices are in the USA.
If Detroit 40 is anymore than around $700 (current price for a Rebel 30) we can probly attribute the mark up to MIA.
Detroit 18 should be around Rebel 20 price = $550

Waxhead":277nl07d said:
jamme61":277nl07d said:

Well join the rest of the world then.
For 50 yrs the USA has owned most other countries - their land, economy, oil, dependence on aid etc.
You still own many.
In Australia in the 1980's there was despair that Japan was buying up half our country.
They tried but we turned out to be too big and their economy went down the tubes anyway.
Now we're concerned about China too.
Chinese Corps are now buying up Aussie ranches that are bigger than many US states (no exaggeration).
They're doing that everywhere so welcome to normal business as usual when you're not the No 1 world economy and big brother decides to take over. :D

Let's see what the Detroit RRP prices are in the USA.
If Detroit 40 is anymore than around $700 (current price for a Rebel 30) we can probly attribute the mark up to MIA.
Detroit 18 should be around Rebel 20 price = $550

Somewhere on a message board i heard 600 on the 18 ,$799 on the 40 .don't quote me but one site mentioned that after Namm

Back