Detroit 18 & 40!!!

Waxhead":jk9pg6uj said:
jamme61":jk9pg6uj said:
I love the china prices too but, being an american, WE NEED JOBS. Big thanks to Bruce Egnater for doing this. Wake up USA, these other country's are kickin our ass and laughing all the way to the bank. :confused: I hope not to offend anyone, :D just my humble American opinion. I think on paper, China owns us now, right? :doh:

Well join the rest of the world then.
For 50 yrs the USA has owned most other countries - their land, economy, oil, dependence on aid etc.
You still own many.
In Australia in the 1980's there was despair that Japan was buying up half our country.
They tried but we turned out to be too big and their economy went down the tubes anyway.
Now we're concerned about China too.
Chinese Corps are now buying up Aussie ranches that are bigger than many US states (no exaggeration).
They're doing that everywhere so welcome to normal business as usual when you're not the No 1 world economy and big brother decides to take over. :D

You sound like you like the USA too - why do all you other countries out there, like us so much? :confused: The important thing to remember is, if China decides to invade your country, who's got your back? We do, that's why country's stay in check, because of the big bad USA- So it's important for the USA to stay at the top of the food chain or, we all get eaten alive. We'll see what happens if the US spirals down.

jamme61":1ld4v64l said:
Waxhead":1ld4v64l said:
jamme61":1ld4v64l said:
I love the china prices too but, being an american, WE NEED JOBS. Big thanks to Bruce Egnater for doing this. Wake up USA, these other country's are kickin our ass and laughing all the way to the bank. :confused: I hope not to offend anyone, :D just my humble American opinion. I think on paper, China owns us now, right? :doh:

Well join the rest of the world then.
For 50 yrs the USA has owned most other countries - their land, economy, oil, dependence on aid etc.
You still own many.
In Australia in the 1980's there was despair that Japan was buying up half our country.
They tried but we turned out to be too big and their economy went down the tubes anyway.
Now we're concerned about China too.
Chinese Corps are now buying up Aussie ranches that are bigger than many US states (no exaggeration).
They're doing that everywhere so welcome to normal business as usual when you're not the No 1 world economy and big brother decides to take over. :D

You sound like you like the USA too - why do all you other countries out there, like us so much? :confused: The important thing to remember is, if China decides to invade your country, who's got your back? We do, that's why country's stay in check, because of the big bad USA- So it's important for the USA to stay at the top of the food chain or, we all get eaten alive. We'll see what happens if the US spirals down.

hehehe - got news for you buddy - US is no longer at the top of the food chain :D
And you've been spiraling down the down the food chain for around 4 years now.
Nothing lasts forever - get used to it.
China doesn't worry us anymore than you do.

Great if these Detroit amps end up being as affordable as ever - so here's hoping - they do look great :)

Man, just came across video and link of this amp and see it was discussed here. I like the look, tone, and versatility amd would like to try it or buy one (Detroit 40).
However, I can't find a damn thing on it for sale on the net or at the Egnator site! What happened? QC problem? Did it interfere with other model sales? did it ever go into production? how can I demo or buy one??!?

Back