DI Box?

Buckeyedog

I picked up a Behringer active DI box so I can run out of my mod 50 without the mic. It also takes a powered "speaker" out signal. Would the best way to run to the board be to use the slave out through the DI or run a speaker signal out to the DI?? :confused:

thanks

Just be careful with that Ultra G and make sure you ALWAYS run to the cabinet otherwise you could blow your tranny (whoa did that sound inappropriate? :LOL: :LOL: ) The Ultra G does NOT simulate a speaker load. I run out of my MOD 50's speaker out to the Ultra G and then from the Ultra G to the cab. Then, the Ultra G right to the board. It sounds good, but nothing beats micing a loud cab moving lots of air.

I keep telling Bruce to make the tap box he designed on the Randall cabs on all his stuff...not sure if there is a deal where he cant use it for a while cause Randall has it or not...I will have to ask him again.

I tried to run through the link output to the cab. It says to have both 20db attenuators depressed. Not much sound comes through to the cab. I thought it would just run like a regular signal through to the speaker at full volume..........guess not??

May try the slave out and see if that works better. I'm kind of a dork when it comes to this stuff.

Buckeyedog":a30c6 said:
I tried to run through the link output to the cab. It says to have both 20db attenuators depressed. Not much sound comes through to the cab. I thought it would just run like a regular signal through to the speaker at full volume..........guess not??

May try the slave out and see if that works better. I'm kind of a dork when it comes to this stuff.

Hey Dork! Dont forget to let me know when your present gets there!

I only depressed 1 20bd switch. the one that says "PAD" next to it I left up. try that. Been awhile since I used it though. I didnt think it sounded all that good.

Id love if it Bruce put the mic eliminator thing in the Eggie cabs. Jeff, make sure you get the scoop on that for us please!

The dork will definitely let you know Jeff!! I'm probably running home at lunch tomorrow to check and see if it has arrived yet! Mail usually comes around 10:00 or so..........whooo hooo!

Can't wait to gig it next Saturday..........

Oh, and I just tried it again and it seemed to work ok now through to the cab. I'll just have to see if it sends a decent signal to the snake/board. I usually run two cabs so I'll just hook it up like that with the DI in one of the cabs outputs.

Well, came home today for lunch and of course, no module......USPS was late. So I get a note when I get home, so off to the Post Office I go and finally get my SL2!! yeah! I should get some time to fiddle around with it in the next day or so. Thanks much Jeff!

I'll have to see if I want to sell the EG3/4 or just hang onto it.

Back