Dickey Betts died :(

I told my wife, she didn't know who it was even though I played some songs for her.

I told her she would know if I played Enter Sandman, and she said yeah, I would know that wah pedal anywhere.

Last edited:
May his memory be a blessing.

Rest in Peace, Dickey.

Dickey's playing on "One Way Out" is a lesson in how to nail a guitar solo. And his tone on that tune!

I just saw this, very sad it's amazing as we get along in years and more people pass that were true inspirational people to our guitar playing. What's unfortunate is there's going to be many more I watched my grandpa lose his whole family one at a time and every time he said when the heavy hand comes a calling it's time to go and he'd also say it's kind of hard to get out of here alive and that was very true obviously it still is Rip

Gives me chills…never knew the man personally but his music is tethered to my childhood and teen years. Hearing it just takes me back…like smelling a summer rain,…

Lost an Icon for sure.
RIP DB.

RIP, Dickey. He was an inspiration. Last time I saw him perform was about 25 years ago in Milwaukee Summerfest street show. I was about 10 feet from the stage. His rig was cranking!

Back