Diezel 2x12 Cabs - Lots of Choices, Not A Lot Of Info

**DRB**

Did a quick search, but couldn't find anything...

Looking for a 2x12 cab for a future head purchase(s). Currently running only a Mesa Mark V:25 combo

Considering cabs and heads from Diezel (D-Moll, Paul or Mini if it ever appears) Fryette (Sig X), Bogner (unsure)

Looking to buy the last cab I will ever need, and would like the ability to run 2 heads into one cab at some point. I am leaning heavily in the direction of Diezel cabs but I see multiple option for front loaded / rear loaded / used older american production etc.

Considering there doesnt seem to be a Diezel product within 500 miles of me, I purchasing sight unseen and I having a hard time decerning the real world differences between them

Currently there is a Diezel 212-RV used at a guitar center across the country that is a front runner - I believe this to be an American produced model?

Any help on Diezel 2x12 cabs?

I have a Diezel (Germany) FL212 cab that I’ve recently started to use with my Diezel Hagen and Big Max amps and I can honestly say it’s worth the money.

I’ve always used rear loaded Mesa cabs until now and was a little hesitant in purchasing the front loaded Diezel cab but I absolutely prefer it with the Hagen in particular as it really lifted the tone.

All 4 channels are incredibly useful now whereas with the Mesa cab I found the 4th channel on the Hagen a little loose and lacked definition and flubbed out with the Deep control past 10 o’clock. With the FL cab I now find all 4 channels incredibly articulate even on higher gain settings.

Most cab makers seem to go with rear loaded so if that’s what you are used to you definitely can’t go wrong with a Diezel.

Another thing to note is that the Diezel 2x12’s are larger than a Mesa 2x12 and not far off the dimensions of a standard 4x12. I’ll definitely be looking for a rear loaded Diezel 2x12 and will probably sell at least one of my 2 Mesa cabs when I find one.

Here’s a video showing the FL vs RL cabs compared. Although they are 4x12’s it should give you an idea of the differences.

I have a Diezel (Germany) FL212 cab that I’ve recently started to use with my Diezel Hagen and Big Max amps and I can honestly say it’s worth the money.

I’ve always used rear loaded Mesa cabs until now and was a little hesitant in purchasing the front loaded Diezel cab but I absolutely prefer it with the Hagen in particular as it really lifted the tone.

All 4 channels are incredibly useful now whereas with the Mesa cab I found the 4th channel on the Hagen a little loose and lacked definition and flubbed out with the Deep control past 10 o’clock. With the FL cab I now find all 4 channels incredibly articulate even on higher gain settings.

Most cab makers seem to go with rear loaded so if that’s what you are used to you definitely can’t go wrong with a Diezel.

Another thing to note is that the Diezel 2x12’s are larger than a Mesa 2x12 and not far off the dimensions of a standard 4x12. I’ll definitely be looking for a rear loaded Diezel 2x12 and will probably sell at least one of my 2 Mesa cabs when I find one.

Here’s a video showing the FL vs RL cabs compared. Although they are 4x12’s it should give you an idea of the differences.

Well, damn... I am now even more concerned as thats a huge sound difference between the two in the video!

How much of that is a bit of the camera / mic being off axis of the cab on the left?

Terrific post, thanks for sharing

Well, damn... I am now even more concerned as thats a huge sound difference between the two in the video!

How much of that is a bit of the camera / mic being off axis of the cab on the left?

Terrific post, thanks for sharing
Glad to be of help!

I expect the RV would sound incredible whatever you put through it. I think you’re right about the mic placement playing a big part.

You honestly can’t go wrong with Diezel. Their build quality and sound is top notch.

I never thought I’d sell my Mesa cabs but if I can get a Diezel RV or K100 cab they’ll likely be on the block.

Back