Diezel Cab Vintage 30’s UK or China?

merkaba

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone!

I’ve been thinking about getting a Diezel cab to use with my Hagen. I’m leaning towards the front loaded 2x12 with Vintage 30’s and was wondering if the V30s in the Diezels are made in China or the UK?

I’ve read the front loaded cabs are slightly brighter sounding than the rear loaded cabs and I’m a fan of the Mesa v30’s. I wanted to get opinions on swapping the vintage 30s in the Diezel cab for the Mesa ones as Mesa cabs are usually rear loaded.

I’ve read a couple of threads on here but couldn’t see anything about where the Diezel V30s are made. I find the Chinese ones a little fizzy so would likely switch them out.

All opinions are welcome and appreciated!

Chinese but honestly, it's less where they're made and more if you choose front-loading versus rear-loading. I have the Hagen as well, and wouldn't be keen on a FL-V30 cab. RL-V30, yes. But if it was gonna be front-loaded, I'd opt for the G12K100.

Chinese but honestly, it's less where they're made and more if you choose front-loading versus rear-loading. I have the Hagen as well, and wouldn't be keen on a FL-V30 cab. RL-V30, yes. But if it was gonna be front-loaded, I'd opt for the G12K100.
Thanks for the info Ventura. I got a deal on a used FL 2x12 with V30’s so I’ll look out for some K100’s to try in it.

I’m currently using a Mesa 2x12 (rear loaded) with V30s. I’ve never had a FL cab so it will be cool to try.

I’m picking up the Diezel cab next week. It’s wired for mono/stereo so I can try the Hagen and Big Max together. Should be fun!

Thanks for the info Ventura. I got a deal on a used FL 2x12 with V30’s so I’ll look out for some K100’s to try in it.

I’m currently using a Mesa 2x12 (rear loaded) with V30s. I’ve never had a FL cab so it will be cool to try.

I’m picking up the Diezel cab next week. It’s wired for mono/stereo so I can try the Hagen and Big Max together. Should be fun!
The Mesa cabs (in addition to being rear-loaded) usually have 8-ohm speakers instead of 16-ohm. This might also account for a smoother top end. I know that with a Mesa 4x12 Traditional, the Treble and Presence need to be goosed quite high on my VH-2 to get it where I want.

I live the v30s fl though . Especially for tight modern metal

The Mesa cabs (in addition to being rear-loaded) usually have 8-ohm speakers instead of 16-ohm. This might also account for a smoother top end. I know that with a Mesa 4x12 Traditional, the Treble and Presence need to be goosed quite high on my VH-2 to get it where I want.
Great point on the speaker impedance. I hadn’t considered that. I’m forgetting the G12K-100’s are generally only available in 8 ohms making for a 16 ohm cab.

Same here. I’ve got the Presence at about 1 o’clock on the Hagen and tge Deep set at 9 o’clock with the Mesa 2x12.

The V30’s in the FL cab might work out well to get a bit more top end through at lower volumes.

The channel volume higher with master low vs master high with channel volumes lower makes a difference from what I’ve found too, so I’ve potentially got a few options before swapping anything out.

Back