Diezel Herbert - Best Diezel Ever? Let Me Know your thoughts

trappguitars

I have one. Just wanted to know if anyone feels the same, most headroom, easy to play, crushing mids and bass.
All the gain and compression you would ever need.

Attachments

• IMG_0113.JPG
    IMG_0113.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,161
Everybody says the VH4..... I was playing with a drop b tuning with my band and I borrowed a VH4 for one practice and it sounded like it was choking a little comparatively to the herb.

This was my rig for 10 years... Every night I suffered through the clean channel.

Attachments

• 970614_516731408387762_1588419180_n.jpg
    970614_516731408387762_1588419180_n.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,052
i had one for a very brief time (2 months), and when I had it I lived in an apartment and couldn't crank it. Based on that limited experience, I liked it. I did feel it lacked the mids that I like; upper mids. But I was able to boost them via an mxr 10 band in the loop and with a ts9 up front. I also felt it absolutely needed an od up front to tighten to my taste. But again, I never got to wind it up.

I recently had a D Moll and did not like it at all. Way too soft & slow on the low end for my taste, even clean boosted with various od pedals. And the mids were too low mid oriented for me. I like that upper mid grind, and both the D Moll and the Herbert lack that.

All that aside, I would like to give another Herbert a go again someday now that I'm back in a single family home and can play at stadium level volumes if I want. I'd like to get a true sense of what it's like wound up.

Herbert is an amazing sounding amp. However you would usually need a small wheeled dolly to cart it from gig to gig. I think the head weighs more than most 212 cabs. LOL.

Built like a tank though, no question!

Those are your settings?
I might have to try cranking the treble like yours.

Just for a different tone, try the deep and Presence around 9 oclock.
Gives it a more open Marshall feel.....kinda

Bogner rig on that big stage looked bas ass by the way

Yes it is very heavy, mine is in a live in road case. It always sucks having to ask for help when you are playing a gig. I can't lift it by myself after lifting 4x12's for 20 yrs.

As long as YOU think it's the best Diezel, that's all that matters man :thumbsup:

I've run the roster of the lot... I'm a self-professed fanboi. I must be a bit bent as I dig the Hagen the most, D-Moll, and then the VH4. Herb and I never gelled, but hey, different strokes for different folks.

Groove on.... :rock:

I just re-acquired the VH4 this is number three. I have had 2 Herberts a Hagen 2 Paul’s and the Dmoll. The VH4 is my favorite. The Herbert is a killer amp as well. But the VH4 just does it for me. What tubes are you running in your Herbert?

I think I did like 6l6’s best in the Herbert. I have E34L’s in the VH4 which I think sounds great! What speakers are in your Diezel cabs?

The Herbert is one of those amps that can sound great when others play it, but sounds like garbage when I try.

I prefer a 6L6 loaded VH4.

Played them all... Herbert is my favorite.

The VH4 is sorta a jack of all trades... master of none.

For metal, accept no substitute. Herbert.

Back