Diezel Herbert Mk3

shadowdevourer":3swqmb33 said:
barryswanson":3swqmb33 said:
What does the plus minus switch do?
Plus mode incarnates satan and brings hell on earth.
NICE BS (no pun)! I like this. :)

Just my little 2¢.
It's a voicing toggle switch specifically designed for Herbert's CH-2 with a (-/+) setting. With the (-) setting selected, blues and classic rock sounds can easily be realized - pick any Marshall amp flavor of your choice. With the (+) setting selected, a more hard rock or common modern rock sound can be realized. The setting (+) slightly re-voices the default CH-2 gain structure so that everything is kicked up a few degrees, but not quite at the gain structure of CH-3. The CH-2 (+) setting also offers more crunch with a good tight low-end bite allowing you to dial in a punchy heavy rhythm sound along with very accurate, articulate and well-defined lead solo tones.

On another not, you also have the option of making the CH-2 (-/+) voicing toggle switch MIDI switchable and programmable which I have myself implemented a long time ago. It really adds a very nice "cheery on top" and in a sense turns the beloved Herbert into a 4-channel MIDI switchable and programmable guitar amp.

If you'd care to dig a little deeper into Peter's tube amp architecture I've provided a link below to a portable document format (pdf) that will give you a brief description of some of the more common elements in his tube amps.

Diezel Tube Amp Service Manual vCore (MAIN)

Good luck!

chunktone":136xdmoj said:
Gsxrbusa":136xdmoj said:
God damnit.

:doh: This could be what I’ve been missing in my life. I’ve always loved Diezel tone but wanted a slightly tighter bottom end.

Fuck fuck fuck.........my wallet.

Load a Herbert with KT88's and you're there.
Tough to find killer KT88's these dayz :thumbsdown:

mhenson42":35cadk21 said:
So glad I bought a new Mk2 a few months ago! :doh:

Though I only want this one because it's all black.

I've wanted a blacked out Herbert for a while, there was a Japanese market Herbert a while back that had the same look.
It will look great with my blacked out Triple Recto ;) :D

UberschallEL34":1jez9oam said:
mhenson42":1jez9oam said:
So glad I bought a new Mk2 a few months ago! :doh:

Though I only want this one because it's all black.

I've wanted a blacked out Herbert for a while, there was a Japanese market Herbert a while back that had the same look.
It will look great with my blacked out Triple Recto ;) :D

Yeah. I've known about that Japanese model.

You should get one...would look great with that new cab too.. ;)

Back