Diezel VH4 Blueface

Are you interested in getting "old-script" Diezel VH4 Blueface?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

IDDQD

I'm pretty sure that there's a lot of Tool fans, which looking for legendary Blueface amp.
Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to get one :'(

(Except VHX's mode, but it's not the same, anyway...).

Peter! Leo! PLEASE! Make a VH4 reissue with original Blueface schematic before 1997.

I believe that the famous "Dekompression mod" isn't enough (due to the various number of preamp tubes, for example, which indicates a different circuit inside the amp... and other little things, such as, perhaps, pre-Langer output transformers, etc.).

Maybe it's a good idea to organize some kind of pre-order / voting / or something else..?

Just original full-tube Blueface, with no DSP.

100% agree with this and would pre-order and pay in full for one immediately.

I actually have a little running tickler out to my Sweetwater rep (who is excellent) for a Blueface VH4. Basically, if he hears anything about a reissue, he's authorized to charge my card immediately and buy me one, lol.

PLEASE GUYS! Do it :)

I've seen posts saying that the "Diezel VH Mini" is coming soon (or will be introduced).

There is a video on Youtube where one man is testing it:

Diezel VH Mini (20W) vs. VH2 (100W) Smartphone Audio

Pay attention to his comment: his amplifier was not mass-produced, it is a special order!

diezel_mini.png

Peter, sir. What do you say???

Can we order an old Blueface from you??

I have the same desire to getta blueface after i missed the run of bluez whom Diezel did during 2012 ? Or 2013? Cant remember... i just wonder how close are those compared to the 1998 blueface when it debut ?

I also did email Peter on doing a Blueface run but he said its gonna have a signature blueface ( tool ) out soon... and that was many years back like 2015? 2016?

Fastforward 2019 i gotten myself a silverface 2008 era and a Herbert mk2 , it was good ! But sold it VH4 to my buddy whom he has been bragging over.... i prefer da VH4 over the Herbert mk2.... yet i prefer other amps more ie Wizard and VHT...

Not sure how the blueface would work out ...

I have the same desire to getta blueface after i missed the run of bluez whom Diezel did during 2012 ? Or 2013? Cant remember...

It's 2011. And if I remember correctly, this reissue was the same as modern Silver VH4, but with a blue panel and very few tonal tweaks...

Strange. Along with Tool's growing popularity, the number of requests to recreate a Blueface should also increases too, right?
Especially nowadays. It would be great to make some amps for toolheads (limited run at least).

And as I know, for Mastodon and Smashing pumpkins fans too!

It's 2011. And if I remember correctly, this reissue was the same as modern Silver VH4, but with a blue panel and very few tonal tweaks...

Strange. Along with Tool's growing popularity, the number of requests to recreate a Blueface should also increases too, right?
Especially nowadays. It would be great to make some amps for toolheads (limited run at least).

And as I know, for Mastodon and Smashing pumpkins fans too!
Correct, the previous Blueface reissue was a standard 2011 Silverface circuit with the blue faceplate and white knobs. I believe what we are talking about here is a TRUE Blueface reissue of the OG circuit and aesthetic from the mid to late 90's. That's what everyone wants.

Also agree about the Tool popularity. Let's be honest, this is art as well as business, and you can see how much money AJ can generate. All of his high-end gear that's come out has sold out before it even hit the shelves. There's money to be made here as Tool fans are getting older and have more disposable income. I love my 2004 VH4 to death and will never sell it, but I would buy a true Blueface reissue in a second and I think a lot of other people in their 30's-50's would, too. I hope Peter and team realize this and bring us a true Blueface reissue! :)

There's nothing to add. His words are pure mathematical truth.

Of course, no one will make amps for 7 people here, but I think it is quite possible to dial more than 20 if special pre-order will start.
Hell, I bet there will be a lot more!

... I hope Peter and team realize this and bring us a true Blueface reissue! :)

I hope they will pay attention and tell us about their position.
At least something...

What are the actual differences at the schematic level between an early blueface, a 2001 silverface, and a current silverface?

No one knows for sure. (Except Diezel's team, of course).

There are indirect signs, judging by the photos from the Internet - but it's unclear.
I believe this is more complicated than a simple "Dekompression mod" consisting of adding two parts - resistor and capacitor.

If there was a clear schematic, or step-by-step instruction, how to make the old Blueface out of modern VH4, I would be so happy... but I'm afraid nobody tell us, because it's a company secret.

The only way - is to search hard and get somehow original old amp for an awful lot of money...
... or asks Peter to make a new ones for us. :worship:

(What are we doing here right now).

Maybe Peter will find some time and write a detailed comment about this situation.
Will he make a new AJ's signature amp (as written above)? Or will he agree to take special orders? Or nothing at all (because it's interesting to do other things - develop current products or do something completely new)?

Any explanation. To completely close the problem.

f

There are indirect signs, judging by the photos from the Internet - but it's unclear.
I believe this is more complicated than a simple "Dekompression mod" consisting of adding two parts - resistor and capacitor.

If there was a clear schematic, or step-by-step instruction, how to make the old Blueface out of modern VH4, I would be so happy... but I'm afraid nobody tell us, because it's a company secret.

The only way - is to search hard and get somehow original old amp for an awful lot of money...

Maybe Peter will find some time and write a detailed comment about this situation.
Will he make a new AJ's signature amp (as written above)? Or will he agree to take special orders? Or nothing at all (because it's interesting to do other things - develop current products or do something completely new)?

I mean, if I could just special order a Blueface, that would be amazing. IDC if the wait is two years or whatever.

Any vh4 with tweaking of ch 3 can do tool
Do you think we're making a mistake by looking for Blueface? I suppose it's not just about the amp itself, it's something more...

Like you can buy ordinary Gibson LP, but in little things you understand, you feel that it's not the same as AJ's Norlin-era model. Sounding, touching... just feeling.

Maybe it's a tribute to engineers and musicians too. I understand, that I'm not a professional player, I'll never become a famous and outstanding musician. But.

I LOVE to messing with such interesting stuff like old FXs, masterbuilt pickups, amps with unique features - I mean, something, with a history. And when I playing on this stuff.. man, I can't explain, it's wonderful...

Irrational, but why not?

Do you think we're making a mistake by looking for Blueface? I suppose it's not just about the amp itself, it's something more...

Like you can buy ordinary Gibson LP, but in little things you understand, you feel that it's not the same as AJ's Norlin-era model. Sounding, touching... just feeling.

Maybe it's a tribute to engineers and musicians too. I understand, that I'm not a professional player, I'll never become a famous and outstanding musician. But.

I LOVE to messing with such interesting stuff like old FXs, masterbuilt pickups, amps with unique features - I mean, something, with a history. And when I playing on this stuff.. man, I can't explain, it's wonderful...

Irrational, but why not?
I honestly did be think that would solve getting his tone . Just set up your vh4 close add a cranked up old Marshall . Blend them good

I know my 2001 Silverface sounds markedly difference to the clips I've heard of the 2010+ Silverfaces.

But from what I've read, the early 2000's Silverfaces aren't any different schematic-wise to the Blueface models. Would *love* to know if that is true though.

Back