Diezel VH4, Herbert, D-Moll, Einstien?

I am currently running an EVH 5150 III 50w into a Diezel FL cab with K100s and V30s in an X Pattern.
I love the VH4 sound, Three Days Grace, Slipknot, Stone Sour, Shinedown type tones.
I also play in a 30% Original Hard Rock 70% Cover Band.
I am thinking of getting a Diezel to replace my 5150 for better soloing tones...

I like the VH4 (CH3 especially) but they seem hard to come by these days.
So I am probably tossing the D-Moll, Herbert and Einy around...

Any opinions on the Diezels? Suggestions for getting a better 5150 solo tone?
Thanks in advance.

Hello Krueg...

Welcome and congrats on your 1st post to Rig-Talk.

First thing I'd do is search this subforum "Diezel" for the answers you seek - and you'll learn lots along the way. For instance, you'll learn the Einstein is no longer an actively manufactured model. You'll come to realize the D-Moll is gaining a lot of traction as the latest and newest family member of Diezel. As for the others, VH4 is the original game-chnager, it's considered king by many; the Herbert is a 6 powertube monster, also very adept at a plethora of tones but most revered in the metal'esque categories; the Hagen was Diezel's answer to the ERG style of music out there today, and what the ERGs offer in the drop tunings department and the like.

Good luck!! There's a lot to figure out but it's all awesome and fun when it leads to buying a Diezel :thumbsup:

Uncle Mo

Ventura":3d10mznb said:
Hello Krueg...

Welcome and congrats on your 1st post to Rig-Talk.

First thing I'd do is search this subforum "Diezel" for the answers you seek - and you'll learn lots along the way. For instance, you'll learn the Einstein is no longer an actively manufactured model. You'll come to realize the D-Moll is gaining a lot of traction as the latest and newest family member of Diezel. As for the others, VH4 is the original game-chnager, it's considered king by many; the Herbert is a 6 powertube monster, also very adept at a plethora of tones but most revered in the metal'esque categories; the Hagen was Diezel's answer to the ERG style of music out there today, and what the ERGs offer in the drop tunings department and the like.

Good luck!! There's a lot to figure out but it's all awesome and fun when it leads to buying a Diezel :thumbsup:

Uncle Mo

Thanks for the reply. From the research I've done I am leaning D-Moll...
Are you using the Axe2 with your Amp for FX or 4CM or something else?
I have been finding that there is a little something different in the tone using the front end of the Axe2 so I am experimenting with my Old Pedals and some new additions as well...
Thanks again.

Kruegmeister":2k1a684k said:
Thanks for the reply. From the research I've done I am leaning D-Moll...
Are you using the Axe2 with your Amp for FX or 4CM or something else?
I have been finding that there is a little something different in the tone using the front end of the Axe2 so I am experimenting with my Old Pedals and some new additions as well...
Thanks again.
My pleasure, Krueg.

I am by no means using my Axe-II as an effects device or in the 4CM configuration. I've tried it in the past - it's just not "there" for me. My Fractal rig is just that - strictly a Fractal rig replete with FRFR monitors and the like.

The Diezel amps, of the several I've owned and continue to own, have swayed me to using fewer and fewer pedals than ever before. I like a little delay in the loop and/or in front, some verb for "space", and whatever other pitch/modulation may be necessary. But OD, distortion, gobs of this and 15 layers of that - I'm finding completely redundant and actually detrimental to the tone.

If this is your first foray into the world of Diezel amps, try the D-Moll. It's priced right and there are a lot of very very happy D-Moll users out there. No matter what, so long as you end up with a Diezel, you'll be winning.

Uncle Mo

Welcome to the board Krueg :)

I think all of the Diezel amps are hard to come by atm especially the D-Moll, since it is still pretty new. I had to wait a little bit for mine but it was totally worth it!

In my opinion your best bet would be the VH4 or D-Moll. You really can't go wrong with either one, unless ofcourse you want total tonal versatility. Then just go with a VH4.

These things are amazing. Whatever you choose, you definitely won't be disappointed.

Ventura":2qlb7diw said:
the Hagen was Diezel's answer to the ERG style of music out there today, and what the ERGs offer in the drop tunings department and the like.

Most Revered Uncle Mo,

What does ERG stands for? In all my lurking I've never heard this acronym. :confused:

TheSweep":22s220gc said:
Wow that was quick lol.

Hope you dig it =)

Been researching for Months, came here for some last minute advice before I plunged.
I've been diggin my 5150 so far, but that was a stop gap to try the whole amp thing again, had the chance to get a D-Moll or Einstien, Midi was one of the other deciding factors just cause I need the live flexibility when I'm playing a gig that's leanin more Covers than Original.

Good choice !
I would have said that whatever Diezel amp you would have taken :LOL: :LOL:

I use the FS7-HE footswitch for , not MIDI anymore, but that is a great option that D-moll has MIDI ability if anytime I would need it on stage.

D-moll = 100% flexibility.
VH4 = 200% ??? :confused:

:scared:

Been researching for Months, came here for some last minute advice before I plunged.
I've been diggin my 5150 so far, but that was a stop gap to try the whole amp thing again, had the chance to get a D-Moll or Einstien, Midi was one of the other deciding factors just cause I need the live flexibility when I'm playing a gig that's leanin more Covers than Original.

No, I meant that you found one pretty quickly :LOL: :LOL:

Congrats :thumbsup:

Back