Diezel VH4 or other heads with EL34’s

I got one of these from eBay years ago and it works great. I even stuck my Diezel sticker right over the middle. Looks cooler :cool:

https://www.actition.net/actition-universal-midi-controllers

KB8qHG2h.jpg

I'm sure some others will chime in with what they use.
Hey, old thread I know but can I ask if you are using an external power supply with the Actition midi switcher?

I’m looking at this or the Tech 21 midi moose and not wanting to mess up my Hagen.

Not sure if I need an external power source or if it powers from the Hagen? I looked at the Hagen manual but still not sure as I’m new to this midi business.

Hey, old thread I know but can I ask if you are using an external power supply with the Actition midi switcher?

I’m looking at this or the Tech 21 midi moose and not wanting to mess up my Hagen.

Not sure if I need an external power source or if it powers from the Hagen? I looked at the Hagen manual but still not sure as I’m new to this midi business.
Nah, I'm just using the single midi cable. All lights work and it's pretty much plug n play. Assign a channel to whatever switch you want and flick 'store'. It works fine with both the VH4 and the Hagen.
I also picked up a FS7-HA for it a while ago on a Thomann sale, which works perfectly. But its quite a bit larger in footprint.

Nah, I'm just using the single midi cable. All lights work and it's pretty much plug n play. Assign a channel to whatever switch you want and flick 'store'. It works fine with both the VH4 and the Hagen.
I also picked up a FS7-HA for it a while ago on a Thomann sale, which works perfectly. But its quite a bit larger in footprint.
Thank you. That’s really helpful!

Do you know if it’s a 7 pin or 5 pin midi lead? I read elsewhere that the wrong lead can cause problems in the amp.

I just received the Actition 8 button MIDI switcher and now have my Hagen set up complete. I’m really glad I found this thread.

Thanks Phillhouse for the help.

It really is ready to use straight out of the box and super easy to program. Diezel deserve credit for making the MIDI interface easy to use.

Anyone looking for a MIDI controller for their Diezel should give these a try.

(No affiliation, just a happy customer)

https://www.actition.net/actition-universal-midi-controllers

Back