Dimarzio dp106 schb….

JackBootedThug

MURDERATOR
Never heard of these before but I now have two that were installed on the explorer I just got from Alund. They live up to their name….super clear…I’m not really a dimarzio guy, but these are pretty cool pups. Not really sure how to describe them other than they are very articulate…nice with drive or without. Very interesting and cool. With the coil tap they make this explorer sound pretty stratty if you can believe that. I think they would work on about any guitar but I think they would excel on a Paul or even a prs….they definitely have some mojo and have their own thing going on. It’s almost like they are just more powerful single coils. They pick up everything but they remain quiet so they would definitely let you know what kind of instrument you’re playing. Wood types and scale lengths…as well as bridge type. Just a really nice “clear “ and articulate pup…I don’t have any way to do clips other than iPhone videos. If you’re down for that then shoot me your cell number…..

I guess Larry D. Himself wound them in the 80’s. They are nice pups. I will check the resistance on them sometime. I assume they have an a2 magnet…they are very quiet. Almost like a uncompressed mild emg with a little bit of mojo wrapped in there as well…I’m really terrible at describing shit in case you haven’t noticed.

Never heard of these before but I now have two that were installed on the explorer I just got from Alund. They live up to their name….super clear…I’m not really a dimarzio guy, but these are pretty cool pups. Not really sure how to describe them other than they are very articulate…nice with drive or without. Very interesting and cool. With the coil tap they make this explorer sound pretty stratty if you can believe that. I think they would work on about any guitar but I think they would excel on a Paul or even a prs….they definitely have some mojo and have their own thing going on. It’s almost like they are just more powerful single coils. They pick up everything but they remain quiet so they would definitely let you know what kind of instrument you’re playing. Wood types and scale lengths…as well as bridge type. Just a really nice “clear “ and articulate pup…I don’t have any way to do clips other than iPhone videos. If you’re down for that then shoot me your cell number…..
Very cool!
I snagged one of the guitars from Alund as well - it's a player and sounds great!
Those pickups sound like they are very interesting

Very cool!
I snagged one of the guitars from Alund as well - it's a player and sounds great!
Those pickups sound like they are very interesting
Yeah very cool. I honestly think if you built a guitar with different body woods and components then these would be what you’d throw in it to best allow the components to shine through. I’m telling you…they are in a Korean import explorer with a Floyd (not sure which model Floyd) and it is just….clear. For real…it’s odd and the explorer is probably not the optimal guitar for these but damn it sounds good. I’m going to hook up with sdmf38 in the next week or two and maybe he can chime in on it. I’m also running those steel elixirs on it and I have never used those before. Not sure if that might be affecting the tone or not. But when you plug in and just start smiling then something is working right…

Back