Dirty shirley love thread

The amp. I did also like the Dirty Shirley pedal better than the BE-OD pedal though.
Nice.
I wish they made a BE with a DS channel although may not be possible.
Otherwise a DS amp with a clean channel and the ability to kick into a high gain mode on the dirty channel like on my Shiva 20th.

I had DS #16. Loved that thing. Always wanted to custom order a 100w version (my band is LOUD lol)

I bought the Dirty Shirley Mini to use for low volume gigs and rehearsals when my 50 watt 2204 Marshall was too much. Different flavor but still feels like home. I actually use the DSM with a strat for “clean” tones on the last couple records I did and the Marshalls with a Les Paul for the dirty tones. The DSM has a great glassy compressed clean tone that is addictive to play. Great amps!

I don't own a Dirty Shirley but I did try it in an environment where I could play loud and it sounded and felt amazing. I played it through an old Marshall 1960A cabinet loaded with pre-Rola 55-Hz. I did own the Smallbox at the time (I spent 99% of the time on the Plexi-channel) and I loved that one too. To me the complete each other. In my opinion the Dirty Shirley is one of the best amps ever made.

I've only tried it once and I did love it. It felt awesome and sounded unbelievably good. If I have had the money at that time, I would've bought it and run it in stereo with my Smallbox on the plexi channel. By the way, the only channel I ever use on my Smallbox 😊

Back