Do you work out?

I've been working out every other day for the past year and a half and have lost 100lbs over the past 3.5 years. I finally realized the answer is not a gym membership or buying all sorts of exercise equipment. I primarily do push ups and dips which I can do anytime/anywhere. I supplement that with some arm curls and overhead/military presses.

I get the best results by keeping it simple. A few months back I tried the "prison workout" (half reps) and ended up hurting my lower back and couldn't work out at all for 3 weeks. I did make some gains relatively quickly with the prison workout, but apparently it's a young man's game. Too much for this old man.

;)

I have tried to stay in as good a condition as possible my whole life. Most significant ‘fitness’ injury being a fully ruptured supraspinatus / rotator cuff repair. I’m 57 now and work out 6 days a week - 4 full body calisthenics style workouts and 2 dedicated cardio workouts. Basically a pull-up, push-up, lunges, crunches guy now. Lots of different hand positions on push/pull exercises for variety. Embarrassingly light dumbbells on hand for dedicated shoulder, bi, tri work.

I have tried to stay in as good a condition as possible my whole life. Most significant ‘fitness’ injury being a fully ruptured supraspinatus / rotator cuff repair. I’m 57 now and work out 6 days a week - 4 full body calisthenics style workouts and 2 dedicated cardio workouts. Basically a pull-up, push-up, lunges, crunches guy now. Lots of different hand positions on push/pull exercises for variety. Embarrassingly light dumbbells on hand for dedicated shoulder, bi, tri work.
Right there with ya on the embarrassingly light dumbbells, lol. Same with the hand positions on push ups: wide, narrow, and diamond. Gotta be careful with the narrow, because if I don't keep my focus the lower back takes a beating.

Reactions: PDC
Harsh lol
giphy.gif

Back