Don Dokken

Oh boy 😱

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211015-101455_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211015-101455_Chrome.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 33
This is just as bad as that Vince video someone posted a while back :aww: Sad to watch. Gotta be tough for these guys who were once legends to fade into the night and not be able to relive the glory of their youth.

I often have difficulty imagining how guys in this situation can allow themselves to perform at such low levels.

I figure it must be 1 or more of the following reasons:

1) They need the money badly.
2) They've lost the ability to recognise that their performances / abilities have gone through-the-floor.
3) The need to stroke their egos hasn't waned and the latter may in fact account for point #2.

I often have difficulty imagining how guys in this situation can allow themselves to perform at such low levels.

I figure it must be 1 or more of the following reasons:

1) They need the money badly.
2) They've lost the ability to recognise that their performances / abilities have gone through-the-floor.
3) The need to stroke their egos hasn't waned and the latter may in fact account for point #2.
4) It's in their blood & just can't stop.

But I agree with going out before you deteriorate to the point of not being able to give their fans their moneys worth....

Sounds more like Don Trump than Don Dokken :p

Its really a bummer because the BAND sounds great. They are basically just a cover band, but they sound very good. Mr. Frontman however... A bout 20 years past due.

Nope, nope, nope. Made it to “only the strong are gonna be free.” He’s not all there. Substance(s) definitely involved. Band was tearing it up though. Anyone else notice how Levin (is that his name) can sound JUST like old school Lynch through DSLs?

Sad to see and I wish the best for Don, but yes it's time for him to hang it up and just retire already.

Those early Dokken albums are classics and that's how I prefer to remember it at this point. Getting old sucks!

Wow, I think that was worse than any Vince clip I’ve heard. At least Vince puts some energy into it even though his voice is shot. Don is just mumbling through this, barely coherent. I couldn’t really catch on to the melody because there was no melody. The best was at 4:10 when he was gearing up for a high ”scream” on “straight to the top”. What the fuck was that? Jon Levin is a beast though. It’s a shame Don ruins it.

Back