Duded Up my Les Paul 60's Tribute Gold Top

drewiv

I was looking at Customs, R0s, Sig Models and Custom Shops. Just happened upon a 60's Tribute Gold Top and wasn't too impressed with the looks, but figured I'd try it out for the price. It feels awesome in my hands (the neck is perfect), you can't pass on guitars that feel this good. Regardless if you were looking for something top of the line. The pickups weren't quite right and the entire look of the guitar wasn't appealing to me. The matte Gold Top doesn't fit in with all the bright and shiny chrome hardware, wasn't feeling it at all on the matte gold top finish.

BKP Rebel Yells
Schaller strap locks
Planet Waves Locking tuners
Graphite Nut
Tone Pros System II bridge and tailpiece
Black pickup screws
Blank TRC
Alpha pots (Push/Pull coil taps on the Volume Pots) and some Orange Drops

Stock Photo
123930480-front-large_zps67800abe.jpg

Finally got around to it. Plays and sound awesome. The Rebel Yells sound great in full Humbucker of Coil Tapped. I'm very happy.
DSCN0168_zps3cc13981.jpg

DSCN0172_zps4b4b3cbf.jpg

DSCN0167_zpsd934dc24.jpg

DSCN0166_zps023e7240.jpg

DSCN0173_zpsafda144b.jpg

Not the route I would've taken, but it looks pretty good. I'm always turned off by LP's without binding, tho. Kudos for making it your own :thumbsup:

I don't like black hardware. I don't like satin finished Gibsons with no binding.

But I like your guitar.

It just looks *right*.

Great job.

MississippiMetal":2a8qlr3p said:
The alpha pots would be a downgrade if it came with CTS. Looks good though!

It came with this hodgepodge o' crap. So, yeah, Alphas were an upgrade.

RockStarNick":3rlfk32q said:
I don't like black hardware. I don't like satin finished Gibsons with no binding.

But I like your guitar.

It just looks *right*.

Great job.

Thanks, Nick. I love the looks and the thing plays great.

Back