Egnater Custumer Service

vandyoh

To The Nay Sayers!!
Those whom have tried the Eganter Customer Service are either people whom have not really tried to contact Customer Service or just people trying to drive musicians away from the best amp made!!!
I called the main phone number and talked to Anthony. Not only did he address my problem, but gave me an RA number to get my Tweaker 15 combo fixed, even though the amp is out of warranty. As a matter of fact I traded an almost new Orange Dual Terror and some cash for this amp, knowing I was losing money. So those who knock Egnater, will from here on out, as maybe a little suspicious!!
I own 2 Tweaker 40 Heads and this Tweaker 15 combo. And several of my fellow musicians, in this area, are now using the Tweakers.
LONG LIVE EGNATER!!
ROCK ON MY ROCK N ROLL BROTHERS!!!!

What i find suspicious is someone with 3 posts ,coming to a forum ,to blame obvious known customer services issues of the past on the users and insinuating that it was all made up.

I am glad to hear of your positive experience but it does not echo a lot of prior discussions on this issue. Good news is you have a name and someone able to help you so hopefully that will be a good thing for all who purchase the amps in the future.

I don't want to put legitimate owners down. I do want to say try to, if no luck with email, for sure try the phone. As a matter of fact I tried the email and no luck. When asked about this, I find that Josh had been let go for several weeks. I have always found to try all avenues, before writing my very humble opinion... I do own several different brand of amps, including, Fender, Marshall, Johnson Amplification and Mesa Boogie. This is much overkill, but why not. LOL. but I just love Egmater amps. I realize this is my opinion and that is all. I hope more of the owners of an Egnater amp., just check out all the avenues and then make your comment. Rock On My Rock Brothers!!

Anyone seeking to find out what Egnater customer service is all about (either pre-purchase for info, or post purchase for support) can simply go to their web site and "test drive" their contact form, here http://www.egnateramps.com/ContactEgnater.html .... or call them toll free at 877-EGNATER and see how it goes.

For comparative purposes you should develop similar questions to ask the other amp makers, and use their similar web-based forms, and/or toll free phone numbers.
It's a large purchase and you really should have at least a 'few' questions to ask them.

No need to flesh it all out here.
Just give their customer service a try, and see the results for yourself .........

Well someone's doing better than I am. My Tweaker 15 failed to the well known Power Transformer problem just out of warranty. I contacted Support several times, and eventually got as far as being told that the amp is "definately worth fixing" .....but no we can't help you out of warranty even though we know the transformers are duff, and no we can't supply a new transformer for you to buy, and no we can't give you the spec for a new transformer. I dropped a line to Mr Egnater via Twitter asking him if he has any pride at all in his brand - no answer there. So - this is the only tube amp I've ever had fail on me to anything other than tubes (and some re-capping on the old stuff), with no hint of customer support, and it's now a paperweight in the corner of the studio. My only option appears to be a Mercury replacement, at nearly £200 (UK Pounds) or find someone who can do a tranny rewind.

The sadness is that it's a really good sounding amp, and aside from the toffee tranny it appears to be very well made. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot?!? :thumbsdown:

AndiP":3fxwgw84 said:
Well someone's doing better than I am. My Tweaker 15 failed to the well known Power Transformer problem just out of warranty. I contacted Support several times, and eventually got as far as being told that the amp is "definately worth fixing" .....but no we can't help you out of warranty even though we know the transformers are duff, and no we can't supply a new transformer for you to buy, and no we can't give you the spec for a new transformer. I dropped a line to Mr Egnater via Twitter asking him if he has any pride at all in his brand - no answer there. So - this is the only tube amp I've ever had fail on me to anything other than tubes (and some re-capping on the old stuff), with no hint of customer support, and it's now a paperweight in the corner of the studio. My only option appears to be a Mercury replacement, at nearly £200 (UK Pounds) or find someone who can do a tranny rewind.

The sadness is that it's a really good sounding amp, and aside from the toffee tranny it appears to be very well made. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot?!? :thumbsdown:

I'd suggest reading this post:

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=167167

If that does not solve your issue I would recommend talking to Dennis Marshall (http://dennismarshall.co.uk/) as you allude to the fact you are in the UK. If it's an tube amp and it's broken Dennis can fix it - top bloke too! Dennis can almost certainly source and fit a new PT or OT for you.

Hope some of that helps!

Ok I'm the rocker who said the good things about Egnater customer service. My Tweaker 15 combo. It turned out to be the power transformer. Egnater had me send the amp to a closer repair store. So, I sent it to Earcos and they were stand-up guys. I would have had it very quickly if not for vacations and back orders on the transformer. It turned out to be about two months and the replacement transformer was from Taiwan instead of China. I'll have to use the amp a while to see how it performs. I will say it seems to not be as dark sounding. So good luck to all out there, whom are having problems with their Egmaters. I love my 3 Tweakers.

well I'm glad they are getting back to someone. I've tried several times even begging them to please reply.
Would never recommend a Tourmaster to anyone

psychoth":k1xbgu4n said:
well I'm glad they are getting back to someone. I've tried several times even begging them to please reply.
Would never recommend a Tourmaster to anyone

See http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=122938&start=50#p1942495

Today, I have to deal with this....

Email from them today;

Dino
My accountant is going to add a 5% bank fee for foreign cards
Let me know if this is ok so he can send you an invoice

My reply;

B***,
I'll be paying via Paypal, not credit card (I had told them this 3 times already). Maybe it should be called the "Customer Aggravation Fee" instead. Then again, I guess I should consider myself lucky that I'm not ordering this from Afghanistan.
Please send the invoice to my Paypal account; s**********@yahoo.com
Thank you,
Dino

That fireside video might still materialize if this keeps up. I'm gonna rechristen the "Egnater", it'll soon be known as "Igniter". :gethim:

Egnater amps? WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE...........EVER.

Back