Egnater HBE Module....

Superunknown

Just got this in today from Dave for my MOD100...Channel A = Brown Eye, Channel B = Hairy Brown Eye...hands down the best module I have played to date! I really can't believe how good this thing sounds.....very clear gain with TONS of sustain. Brown Eye reminds of 1984, Saraceno, and Steve Stevens last record....Hairy Brown Eye = early EVH......

If you own a MOD series...send Dave one of your modules for this mod right now

Thank You Dave!

DSC01128.jpg

Now.....send Dave a Egnater SL module or a Randall Plexi and have him do the "BROWN EYE" mod to it. It compliments the HBE perfectly. You will love it.
Great great gainy Plexi tone. Super EVH tones. Nice clear dynamics. :thumbsup:
You wont be sorry. :rock:

Mailman1971":1ofemmah said:
Now.....send Dave a Egnater SL module or a Randall Plexi and have him do the "BROWN EYE" mod to it. It compliments the HBE perfectly. You will love it.

But with his HBE mod, isn't ChA a Brown Eye????

Eric

I am not sure about that. I just got in TODAY.....an Ultra XL modded by Dave. Going to be RIPPING it up in the next hour or so.
I better keep all gas cans away from my amp since it will be throwing flames!! :LOL: :LOL:

aeroic":2eqo0hrt said:
Mailman1971":2eqo0hrt said:

Eric
That is a good question.....Dave?? :confused:
I only had him do a Single channel SL+ for the HBE and then a Plexi Module for the Brown Eye. I love them both! Each fits in so damn perfect with another.

Mailman1971":1ftjka9k said:
aeroic":1ftjka9k said:
Mailman1971":1ftjka9k said:

Eric
That is a good question.....Dave?? :confused:
I only had him do a Single channel SL+ for the HBE and then a Plexi Module for the Brown Eye. I love them both! Each fits in so damn perfect with another.

I'm pretty sure that's what he does, but I'll defer to Dave. That's what I'm hoping. SL2 = BE / HBE and my EG3/4 = Custom 45 :)

I'm gonna send him my BMAN 2-channel module to see if he can tighten up / warm up ChB of that...more like ChA of the SL module. I really like that module, and if I can get the tone from the BMAN on it, then booyah...that module is going up for sale :) I wouldn't need it anymore.

Eric

This is my 6th module I have from him and happy with them all. And people that know me.....I am SUPER PICKY about tone. Went thru a TON of amps and finally got a great tone. Thanks DAVE!! :salute:

My Egnater HBE is Brown Eye on Channel A and Hairy Brown Eye on Channel B.

Thinking about sending Dave my EG5 next....anyone have a Dave modded EG5?

Mailman1971":1uavl1da said:
This is my 6th module I have from him and happy with them all. And people that know me.....I am SUPER PICKY about tone. Went thru a TON of amps and finally got a great tone. Thanks DAVE!! :salute:

You sound like me :)

I love my Eggie stuff, but I was wanting some more "aggressive" tones...which is why I went for the BE / HBE and wanted a killer lead tone... which is why I went for a Custom 45!

Eric

Superunknown":f7pswqfe said:
My Egnater HBE is Brown Eye on Channel A and Hairy Brown Eye on Channel B.

Thinking about sending Dave my EG5 next....anyone have a Dave modded EG5?

I had him mod my EG5, but it has some issues, so I have to send it back to him unfortunately :( As does my EG3/4.

The BE / HBE in my SL2 is FUCKING AMAZING!!!! And I couldn't even crank it yet unfortunately. (My wife and kid are taking a nap!)

Eric

Mailman1971":19jq18r5 said:
I have my HBE and c45/BE modules coming back as I type. Hope they live up to their rep. If so, I will send Friedman a few more:).

Well, it looks like you guys got me sucked into this too! :yes:
I'm sending Dave a single channel Egnater SL and SL++ to have him work his magic. Definitely looking forward to the results!

Please, someone post some clips of the modded modules......PLEASE?!?!? :gethim:

muudrock":261cuqzc said:
Well, it looks like you guys got me sucked into this too! :yes:
I'm sending Dave a single channel Egnater SL and SL++ to have him work his magic. Definitely looking forward to the results!

Please, someone post some clips of the modded modules......PLEASE?!?!? :gethim:

I can record some of the BE / HBE really soon :)

The custom 45 / modded EG5 will be a bit. Since I'm gonna have to send them back to Dave.

Eric

OK....Got to crank up the BE / HBE....and HOLY SHIT that is a fucking killer module!!!!!!!! That's EXACTLY what I was wanting in a Marshall tone. You can get anything from AC/DC to Guns N Roses to Aerosmith to Alice in Chains to Soundgarden to Stone Temple Pilots with it. Definitely has a really cool crunchy mid-range going on, and a warmth that the EG3/4 has, but with a bite on the top end that the EG3/4 doesn't without being ice picky at all.

I'm running mine with the Bass / Bright switch on 1, with the bass on 1 oclock, mids at 11 oclock and treble at 2:30 oclock. ChA (BE) is about 10 oclock on the gain, and ChB is about at noon on the gain. PLENTY of gain on tap :)

Definitely one of my favorite modules BY FAR!!!

Had him mod my DLX also, and ChB came back more crunch, and MUCH MORE usable like the BMAN's B channel. Has a old Marshall 18 Watt vibe going. Nothing gainy..but man is it cruncy as hell. I could easily do a set with the new DLX and HBE module. The ChA of the DLX is a hybrid of the Twin and DLX ChA tone. Bigger, but still with that grit that the DLX has.

I'm just super impressed with Dave's mods. Definitely a step in the right direction. Just can't wait to get the EG5 / EG3/4 turned back around!

Eric

You should hear my Dave Modded Ultra XL...... :rock:
If I only knew how to record......hahaha!!
It is THE BOMB!!!
Very articulate....and VERY HEAVY!!!
I have the Ultra XL in spot#1...the Hairy Brown Eye in #2.....and the Brown Eye in slot #1......
PERFECT COMBO!!!!!

:thumbsup:

uhgggg.. This is killing me! :doh:

You guys talking about how good these sound.
Must send modules to Dave, Must send modules to Dave.

Send them on. The Hbe on the sl2 the a ch is the same but with less gain. Its not really a Brown eye. an sl can be made to be a real brown eye. But they are close. I am Still tweaking the Egg mods. Improving them slightly with time. The Randall one's I have been doing longer. Send them on. Oh and if you have any problems I always will take care of you at no charge [ if it was my work ] Dave

RACKSYSTEMS":2ni0k9t0 said:
Send them on. The Hbe on the sl2 the a ch is the samebut with less gain. Its not really a Brown eye. an sl can be made a real brown eye. But they are close. I am Still tweaking the Egg mods. Improving them slightly with time. The Randall one I have been doing longer. Send them on. Oh and if you have any problems I always will take care of you at no charge [ if it was my work ] Dave

Dave you rock! I'm sooooo happy with my DLX / SL2 now!!! I'm just floored that it sounds so damn good! The EG5 holy hell....it's BRUTAL!!! ChA sounds awesome, and man...it's got the chugga chugga...BROOTALZ for days ;)

aeroic":16v7i3ja said:
RACKSYSTEMS":16v7i3ja said:
Send them on. The Hbe on the sl2 the a ch is the samebut with less gain. Its not really a Brown eye. an sl can be made a real brown eye. But they are close. I am Still tweaking the Egg mods. Improving them slightly with time. The Randall one I have been doing longer. Send them on. Oh and if you have any problems I always will take care of you at no charge [ if it was my work ] Dave

Dave you rock! I'm sooooo happy with my DLX / SL2 now!!! I'm just floored that it sounds so damn good! The EG5 holy hell....it's BRUTAL!!! ChA sounds awesome, and man...it's got the chugga chugga...BROOTALZ for days ;)
CLIPS,we want clips!!!!

jmgman69":3j3bh4oq said:
aeroic":3j3bh4oq said:
RACKSYSTEMS":3j3bh4oq said:

CLIPS,we want clips!!!!

Yep, CMON Eric....Don't leave us hangin!! :doh:

Back