Egnater Mods for me????

Matt, isn't that a nightmare switching thos epedals on/off at gigs? I hate when pedals are behind the amp's footswitch. Let the dance begin. I keep going back and forth between wanting pedals and rack. UGH!

Honestly, its really not a big deal for me. If I have to step on two switches instead of one when I switch channels its no big deal. I just turn the delay off a little earlier before switching to dirty for rhythm to make sure that my channel switch is right on accurate. Believe me the audience wont notice if both pedals arent hit at exactly the same time...

Also, whether your pedal is out front or in the loop, what difference does that make for convenience? If you're using a delay pedal, you still have to step on it either way!

-Matt

Good point on switching...that's what I was thinking...just turn one on/off sooner or later. I have done that in the past.

In fact I gigged before with a Dual Rec and only a wah and chorus pedal and it all worked out fine.

I thought it would be nice to have the delay out front because that would be two less long cable runs from the pedal board to the amp's loop!

richedie":ee3dd said:
Good point on switching...that's what I was thinking...just turn one on/off sooner or later. I have done that in the past.

In fact I gigged before with a Dual Rec and only a wah and chorus pedal and it all worked out fine.

I thought it would be nice to have the delay out front because that would be two less long cable runs from the pedal board to the amp's loop!

I wouldnt worry about too much tone degredation by using 2 long cables to and from the loop. The MOD 50 has a tube buffered loop and of course its quality. The good buffer should keep your tone in business.

-Matt

[/quote]

I wouldnt worry about too much tone degredation by using 2 long cables to and from the loop. The MOD 50 has a tube buffered loop and of course its quality. The good buffer should keep your tone in business.

-Matt[/quote]

Thanks Matt,

However, the tone degradation is not my concern. The concern is just having to run two long cable on the stage back to the loop and extra cables on the board to accomodate the loop. Trying to keep it simple.

richedie":febe8 said:

-Matt

Thanks Matt,

However, the tone degradation is not my concern. The concern is just having to run two long cable on the stage back to the loop and extra cables on the board to accomodate the loop. Trying to keep it simple.

Richedie,

Yeah but you have to run the midi cable from your footcontroller back to change channels anyway. What I did was create a makeshift snake by using velcro ties to join the send,return,and footcontroller cables together. That way you just essentially are running 1 thick cable back and forth that contains all 3 cables. I can setup and tear down in under 5 minutes EASY. Maybe under 3. Im not kidding.

-Matt

You have three cables plus the cable from geetar to pedal board and from the board to input of the amp. I was trying to cut something out but not a big deal, ya know?!

Yup, 20' cable from guitar to pedalboard. Another 20' from pedalboard to MOD 50. Then, the bundled together with velco ties "snake" is 2 x 20' cables (send/return) plus the cable from the footswitch. But like I said, those last 3 are basically 1 since they are bundled together. I keep all cables attached at the board and the board itself + cables goes into a keyboard gig bag. Easy transport. Easy setup: just connect everything to the board's cables and go. Easy teardown too.

-Matt

Sounds like I may go the same route. I was thinking I could bya Pedal Snake and or true bypass loop button but I want to keep it simple. I may to the exact same as you. Thanks!

What about a power conditioner or voltage regulator for the MOD 50???

richedie":52515 said:
Sounds like I may go the same route. I was thinking I could bya Pedal Snake and or true bypass loop button but I want to keep it simple. I may to the exact same as you. Thanks!

What about a power conditioner or voltage regulator for the MOD 50???

I dont use a power conditioner. Probably would be a good idea, but so far so good.

I had looked into a pedal snake but I didnt need stuff like power lines (I power everything from a PedalPower 2+ on the board) so I decided to make my own minimalist snake.

-Matt

How do I sync up the pedalboard to switch the right channels so I can gig with the head? We have rehearsal tomorrow night and I won't be able to use the MOD 50 till I figure this out. For example, selecting channel 1 on the midi pedal selects channel 3 on the amp so I have no way to select a pure clean during switching.

richedie":f0531 said:
How do I sync up the pedalboard to switch the right channels so I can gig with the head? We have rehearsal tomorrow night and I won't be able to use the MOD 50 till I figure this out. For example, selecting channel 1 on the midi pedal selects channel 3 on the amp so I have no way to select a pure clean during switching.
Put the pedal on channel 1 then on the amp select the channel you want for channel 1 then push and hold the button on the amp for about 3 seconds and that should be it,just repeat those steps for 2,3 and 4 ... :thumbsup:

At rehearsal this evening I used the MOD 50 and WOW! I love it. I think it is my dream amp.

I need to get to bed but I'll review tomorrow.

I didn't realize I could use Randall modules. We tried the other guitarist's Randall XTC and it sounded great in the MOD 50. However, I would miss the dual channel! Too bad there isn't an Egnater XTC module. :)

Back