Egnater Mods for me????

I dont know anything about Jacques pedals but I think most Boss will NOT work. The loop is made for line level effects (+4db) which is what most rack gear runs at. The Boss DD-20 Delay pedal accepts this input level and is a very, very popular model. It is chock loaded with all the features of a pro rack delay but is a pedal and is relatively cheap (I got mine sub $200). I know Frank told me the T-Rex Replica works well in the loop too.

When I asked Frank about why the loop is +4db, he basically told me it was done not to force people to use rack gear, but force them to use good, non-tone sucking pedals. He said that so often people put shitty pedals in the FX Loop and wonder why the amp doesnt sound the same as when its run dry.

If you any questions about what will and will not work, just call the Amp Lounge. Those guys will tell you straight out.

-Matt

Does anyone know how these MOD 50s compare to the Egnater/Rockton TOL amps? I heard the Rocktron TOL was built just as well as the Egnater.

Then I hear people say the Egnater MOD is tons better. Ugh!

the TOL and The Vendetta are Based on Egnaters signature tones .the V is a little more scooped and hotter .
TOL is Fnder/marshall territory

Vendetta is more Vox/Mesa although i wouldnt say Recto ..More BognerIMO...

The Mod series is Bruces interprtation of several classic and moder amps .
If your looking for a Marshall a MOD 50 will be closer to that than a TOL and Vendetta .If you want a very warm creamy tone the TOL 50 does that the 100 is a lttle beefier ...but based on what ive seen you describe you want I wouldnt do a TOL.

the Mod is just way more versatile .even the EG3/4 of the mod id say is a lil hotter than the older TOL .

:|::QBB:
richedie":1d790 said:
Does anyone know how these MOD 50s compare to the Egnater/Rockton TOL amps? I heard the Rocktron TOL was built just as well as the Egnater.

Then I hear people say the Egnater MOD is tons better. Ugh!

I have never played a TOL. Always wanted to, never found one. From what Ive read, the closest to it would be a MOD 50 loaded with Twin/Deluxe and EG3/4. But, the word is that Bruce has refined those tones quite a bit between now and then. The clips of TOL100 are killer though, no doubt. For what its worth, the Egnater originals supposedly sound better than the Rocktron ones.

-Matt

I have heard from those who played both the original TOL100 and the Rocktron version and said they could detect no difference in tone or quality.

I like thick, dense, creamy tones but with enough gain to pull off heavy music and solos. For this the Egnater TOL or Rocktron TOL100 sounds tempting.

But, I keep coming back to how much fun I had doing shows with an older Dual Rectifier.

I am really digging H&K so the Triamp Mark II will not be ruled out. :doh: :confused: :)

I honestly feel if you want the TOL but want heavier thick tones you will prefer the Vendetta to the Tol as they are very similar.
My suggestion is Buy a TOL or a Vendetta .theres one on the bay for around 900 ..see if you dig it then. Fwiw I used a Boogie recto and a Marshall DSL where we practice ..the Vendetta kills them in Clarity and in tone

Then move up to the Mod 50 .itll take a few months to get it anyway ..youll just be way more able to make an informed decision .after youve played with some of Bruces stuff .Plus the Vendetta will allow you to change power tubes which is the same as the MOD .. it will really narrow done what modules you want and such......

:|::QBB:
richedie":41aa3 said:
I have heard from those who played both the original TOL100 and the Rocktron version and said they could detect no difference in tone or quality.

I like thick, dense, creamy tones but with enough gain to pull off heavy music and solos. For this the Egnater TOL or Rocktron TOL100 sounds tempting.

But, I keep coming back to how much fun I had doing shows with an older Dual Rectifier.

I am really digging H&K so the Triamp Mark II will not be ruled out. :doh: :confused: :)

Well the amp lounge..Bruces shop has a Tri amp they took in trade along with the MOD series.

Thanks,

I have heard great things about the Vendetta, but I always wondered why I never heard of or have ever seen a pro or anyone for that matter using a Rocktron head or even an Egnater. You always see Marshalls and Mesas and for the longest time I thought that big reason you see Marshall, Mesa, H&K, Bogner and Diezel so often live is because they are proven in a band mix to sit well in the mix and cut well.

I couldn't find a vendetta on Ebay. Does it have a large floorboard with multiple options?

To be honest, functionality in the amp/pedalboard is important as well and I love the functionality something like a Roadster or JVM brings to the table. The Triamp as well but not to the extent of the Roadster or JVM.

Man, what a tough decision.

Is the Amp Lounge, Bruce's shop or an online forum?

There was one on Ebay ..look under Rocktron ..theres a combo and head ..or was .

A lot of people are scared off by the name Rocktron for tube amps .but I assure you this head is solid if ..both of you fell done the stairs the amp wwould fare much better ..you can tell from touch it is high quality..

i know you fear MIdi but it is simple ..the head is set to transmit on MIdi CH1 .Set your processor to Ch1 there ya go So if your Voxy clean with Chorus and delay is patch 11 on the processor. hit 11 on the footswitch ..its really is that SIMPLE .it will allow you a 100 combination. the channels will change with the effects select .that way you can have no efx or fx bypassed as a patch ..

the one i saw on the bay has a 4 button channel switch ..but you can get a cheap midi controller and just put it in the out jack .processor out/thru

I just hate midi becaus eit means I have to program something...LOL! I still didn't see anything in Ebay. Oh well...

LOL, I just found that ebay listing after I said I couldn't find one! LOL.

Thanks, but I am now eyeing up a Roadster on ebay as well. Mesas and Marshalls just seem to hold better value. Even the Egnater would as well....Bogner is the same way with value. I would be afraid I'd buy a Vendetta......not like it after 6 montsh and be stuck. :aww: :cry:

So for you guys gigging with the MOD 50...how are you switching effects and switching in lead tones? Midi? Does it have built in Midi or do you need an Acess Electronics Gizmo thing?

I hate the thought of programming patches and I would still need some other pedal up front so I tend to avoid!

I wonder if this would work...

MOD50 with a Wah, Boost, Delay/Reverb, Chorus, and Tuner pedal. There would be some definite pedal dancing involved.

Of course now I am thinking about getting the MOD 50 again and being done with the hunt. I am floored every time I hear the MOD 50 sound samples and videos. They always seem so smooth and thick/rich. None of the problems I hear in some of the Mesa and Marshall tones I hear.

I see what you all mean about Bruce wanting people to run good effects with the MOD so I guess a lot of my effects would be no good. So, it is his loop that will not accept a lot of cheaper effects that are not line level? I thought you all meant it was the true bypass loop box. Speaking of which, how much real estate on the board does the true bypass loop take up? That might be my solution. I know Bruce knows his stuff so if he found it necessary to use a certain type of loop, it might be worth it for me to buy the head and take my time building the pedal board to match.

Looks like I would have to ditch some of my pedals. I have a Boss TU-2 tuner, Dunlop 95-Q wah, Jacques chorus pedal(which is good quality!) and ISP DSP noise redutcion pedal.

So, with the Fender preamp and the MHG could I get a great clean, good mid gain and high gain all on the same platform? I am assuming you can crank the gain on the second channel of the Fender and make that the AC/DC type tone or maybe roll the gain or guitar's volume back for the MHG or EG 3/4 module. With all of this I could have an EQ in the loop to kick on for leads.

That true bypass loop would be great because it would save me from needing the effects on/off on the pedalboard and allow me to kick on EQ and delay all at once for leads and chorus/reverb/delay for clean. I may try this. Too bad, I like the Boss RV-3 (Delay/Reverb). I may call Egnater and find out options and cost, etc.

Anyone selling a used MOD 50? :)

I was going to see if Bruce would make me a pedalboard with the effects on/off but may not need it now.

The Bassman is still one of my favs,good clean on A side and a very nice AC/DC tone on B a very full bodied module and the MHG is just out of control,lots of thick gain!

richedie":0f081 said:
I should have the MOD 50 in a week or two. I'll let you all know. :) Thanks for the help!

Where did you find a used Mod 50? I"ve been looking for weeks!! Let us know how you like it.

Thanks! I was hoping the Bassman would be a good clean....I like a really good Fender clean. Wow, I didn't realize side B could do an AC/DC type tone. I always thought of AC/DC as older pushed Marshalls. Interesting.

I think another person on this forum said something similar in that the Bassman is his favorite traditional Fender clean. The owner of this particular Mod 50 said the Bassman module dposen't break up as early as the Deluxe so ths may be my best bet.

I am excited about the MHG as long as it gives me my big and thick modern tones for rhyth mand lead.

I found a guy on the board selling his Mod 50 because he was buying a Mod 100.

Do any of the Modules use SS clipping diodes? I know some amps like the Marshall DSL are known to use SS clipping diodes. I wouldn't think so...

richedie":f6b2a said:
Thanks! I was hoping the Bassman would be a good clean....I like a really good Fender clean. Wow, I didn't realize side B could do an AC/DC type tone. I always thought of AC/DC as older pushed Marshalls. Interesting.

I think another person on this forum said something similar in that the Bassman is his favorite traditional Fender clean. The owner of this particular Mod 50 said the Bassman module dposen't break up as early as the Deluxe so ths may be my best bet.

I am excited about the MHG as long as it gives me my big and thick modern tones for rhyth mand lead.

I found a guy on the board selling his Mod 50 because he was buying a Mod 100.

Do any of the Modules use SS clipping diodes? I know some amps like the Marshall DSL are known to use SS clipping diodes. I wouldn't think so...
All tube I believe..........

Back