Egnater Rebel 30 noise problem

Can anybody tell me where I can get a new R30 reverb board from in the USA 'cos I cant get one here in Australia. The amps just sat in the garage when I want to be using it!

Busta have you tried contacting Bruce or Ian Egnator through this forum rather than dealing with Australian dealers whom by the way I found useless and very overpriced for the amps, thats why I bought my Rebel 30 direct from the states late last year and it cost me half the price our music shops are selling them for

Cheers

Well, my Rebel 30 is still in the garage, it’s noisy reverb board issue unresolved and no direction or recognition from anybody related to Egnater. Just tell me where and how to get a replacement reverb board. It really can’t be that hard can it?

lsjelectronics":1gwuie3j said:
Busta have you tried contacting Bruce or Ian Egnator through this forum rather than dealing with Australian dealers whom by the way I found useless and very overpriced for the amps, thats why I bought my Rebel 30 direct from the states late last year and it cost me half the price our music shops are selling them for

Cheers

Yeah got my R30 Head from the US costing $600 or 1/3 of what aussie retailers wanted.
Had one small issue and just contacted Nate in the USA.
Issue resolved in 2 days :thumbsup:
I also see above that both Ian & Bruce Egnater have already tried to assist Busta.
And obviously you ain't gonna be able to get an Egnater reverb board in Aust.

Egnator is having an issue with all there Power Transformers, the all are failing. They have a recall on them, also you could try Mercury Magnetics for a new upgraded transformer. I sent my transformer to them, so they could build an upgraded replacement, they should have them soon.
I will keep you all posted as to how they work.

Bluesplayer":3qw23z7l said:
Egnator is having an issue with all there Power Transformers, the all are failing. They have a recall on them, also you could try Mercury Magnetics for a new upgraded transformer. I sent my transformer to them, so they could build an upgraded replacement, they should have them soon.

Is this true because I have a rebel 30 head and the transformer went out and I wrote in for service and had some guy named Bladimir Quinteros tell me that Egnater has never had any problems with transformers in there rebel 30 amps

Here is the email:

James

We never had problems with the Rebel 30 transformers...

Can you provide me with a copy of your purchase receipt so I can repair your
unit

Bladimir Quinteros
Egnater Amps
3383 Gage Ave , Huntington Park CA 90255
phone : 323-277-4119 fax : 323-277-4110 toll free: 877 - EGNATER
blad@egnateramps.com

If any Egnater employees see this and want to really help there customers that shelled out A LOT of money for a boutique amp, please get in contact with me

millpondapiary":26da9c05 said:
Bluesplayer":26da9c05 said:

Is this true because I have a rebel 30 head and the transformer went out and I wrote in for service and had some guy named Bladimir Quinteros tell me that Egnater has never had any problems with transformers in there rebel 30 amps

Here is the email:

James

We never had problems with the Rebel 30 transformers...

Can you provide me with a copy of your purchase receipt so I can repair your
unit

Bladimir Quinteros
Egnater Amps
3383 Gage Ave , Huntington Park CA 90255
phone : 323-277-4119 fax : 323-277-4110 toll free: 877 - EGNATER
blad@egnateramps.com

If any Egnater employees see this and want to really help there customers that shelled out A LOT of money for a boutique amp, please get in contact with me

Not sure what you mean James but.....no transformers or amps have ever been "recalled" as stated above. We have had our fair share of problems with the Tourmaster and Tweaker 40 power transformers all of which have been addressed. We did change transformer suppliers in an effort to improve reliability. This does not mean that of the hundreds or thousands of amps sold, every one has failed. In reality, a relatively small percentage of them have failed. You only hear about the guys who have trouble. Sounds like Blad clearly intends to take care of you? James, do you work for Mercury?

I have the Rebel 30 head I bought brand new 2 years ago. The first one made all kinds of clicking popping sounds so I took it back to Guitar Center (2 hours drive time). The second one also was making clicking and popping sounds but I persevered until recently when it started blowing fuses. I read on the internet in various forums that many people where having problems with the tubes going. Egnater told some people on a forum that the tubes being made these days are substandard! I got all new tubes, $ 125.00 and new main fuses but still blowing fuses! I was told by Egnater (Bladimir Quinteros), I have to pay to ship it to a repair center for probable transformer failure! I've driven 2 hours to return the first one, paid $125.00 to buy new tubes and now I have to pay to ship this piece of crap back to a repair shop! This is a $600.00 head!!! I've read that the Rebel 30 Mark II has a different transformer, am I going to be getting the new transformer or the old style that will crap out on me after the warranty expires? I'm seeing a whole lot of denying on the part of Egnater! why must I chase this Bladimir Quinteros on the phone (He don't return calls and said he don't have all day to keep trying to reach me!) I paid high dollars for this product and now I have to pay to ship it to be repaired? You folks screwed up! Why won't you make it right for the folks you have inconvenienced? I'm also reading there is problems with the reverb board? Will that be fixed or will I need to send it back at my expense when that fails? I will stop at nothing to put this bad customer treatment out there on the internet if I don't get some satisfaction soon!

I've got the same type of problems, I've had the Rebel 30 Head for about 2 years,if died 3 months in, had it repaired, OK, then it's died again now out of warrentee (keeping in mind I spent most of last year in hospital so never got to play it, I've probably played it, at low volume as Im not up to gigging yet for about a month all in. I totally disgussted with this head, Had a Mesa Mk4 that lasted 7 years without a revalve! But had to sell it to pay for a Christmas years back and Steve is STILL giggingit :( . Since Ive started using it again it's been blowing fuses, the Reverb died, and I've had to remove the 6V6s to get it to run on the EL84s, but no Reverb and a horrible noise on start up. I'm thinking --buy new 6V6s and re bias but then what, thats what the amp tech SHOULD have done the last time, I'm getting that naffed off with it Im thinking of smashing it up, thowing it in the garbage and getting a Marshall Head. If Egnater (and I've been thru the whole LOAD of *** with Nat and 'customer service') reads this, throw me a line or you'll just end up with another person that will never buy your amps again and will FOREVER slag them off to evryone I ever meat in a Guitar shop, and every message board,your choice, I had enough.

Glad to know the reverb is the fix, I can do without it as I use the FX loop without the verb !

I put a 12ay7 tube in the R-30 FX socket and found a better sweet spot when turned up !
That FX socket can temper the sound nicely or add glaring highs that's not good to my ears !

A strong 12ax7 there is not desired at all !

Back