Egnater Tourmaster 4100 Tube Amp Head ~ No volume?

jonsix

Well my Tourmasters current problem is no sound coming from the amp. Ive tried different cabs, guitars, cords, and power sources. I've done some tube swapping and I'm no closer to diagnosing the problem. Was wondering if anyone knows of a simple solution I'm just not thinking of.

Can't afford to keep bringing my amp into the shop every month. Since I got this amp a year ago I've already put nearly $600 in repairs into it. Recently the fuse kept blowing and the amp wouldn't turn on. Turned out to be nothing big but still pricey. Ive also had the transformer replaced.

I only use Egnater amps. I own the cheaper Renegade and Tweaker and they've never had any problems. Then I broke the bank and got what I thought was my "end all be all" amp of the Gods. This amps been a nightmare. Maybe I just got a dud :(

Thanks, Jonathan

Have you tried different power grid settings?
With and without the footswitch?

I've attached the schematics for the 4100, hopefully that might help.

If you have access to an audio signal generator and an O-scope, you can use the half split method to quickly zero in on the issue.
You simply inject a signal from the generator into the input of the amp, then touch the O-scope probe to the signal line midway between the input and output .
If you have a signal, then go half way from there to the output.
If no signal, go half way from there to the input ... etc.
This will quickly dial you into where the signal is not being passed.

Good luck!!

Attachments

• Egnater Torumaster 4100 Schematics.pdf
    108.9 KB · Views: 772
listened close to my cabs through the Tourmaster and I can hear a very faint hum. everything appears to be working except the guitar input. cleaned the 2 inputs and tried both Low and High inputs and still nothing.

also when i flip the standby switch to ON mode i hear immediately following a odd sound from within the amp. like a BZRTT! sound that only happens once then its gone.

im dumb when it comes to schematics. and i don't have any of those tools. at this point if i costs more than $20 to fix I'm probably gonna throw it in my closet forever and just take my $2000 loss like a man. haha

Back