Egnater Vengeance reliability

ocean123

Hello I am very interested in purchasing the Egnater Vengeance 120W head. My price range is about $900 and I need a new amp for live performance. I have a mesa 5:50 express which is my favorite amp, although I no longer want to take it out to gigs (I want to keep it safe at home for recording). So I need an amp that is going to be reliable that I can gig with and that will sound excellent.

I tried out the Marshall DSL100H but the sound was not good. I tried the Blackstar HT100 and although the cleans were great the distortion was too boxy and compressed. I think the Egnater Vengeance has the best and most versatile tone. I play everything from alternative rock to folk to metal.

I was going to purchase the Egnater Vengeance on musicians friend, they are 15% off until Dec 17. I was about to make the purchase but I saw concerns about the reliability of these amps and terrible customer service also the possibility that they are being dropped by major retailers due to dissatisfied customers. Most of the reliability issues seem to be with the Tourmaster, Renegade, or Rebel 30. Are there reliability issues with the Vengeance? What's going on with the brand are they going out of business? To buy or not to buy? If not, what is a good alternative? I might give the Blackstar another chance but I heard similar issues with those amps.

Thanks!!!

The Vengence has had few issues.. Nothing sounds like an Egnater.. I've owned a Tourmaster, Rebel 30' 3 different Randall/Engater MTS amps with never an issue.. I currently use 2 Tweaker 40's... With thevright speakers, they are my fave. Egnater so far..no issues as well

I had the Armageddon and right in front of my eyes the channels would start switching. Then fan quit working and I would have these weird high spikes. I returned it to GC and never looked back. Bruce apparently is controlled by the "higher ups" so it seems that production will remain in China, the Detroit series will never see the light of day and now there are talks of a Custom Shop. I gave up and bought a Diezel VH4. Shit tone of $ but I know there will be reliability and tone for days. With that said....I loved the Armageddon and if not for the issues, I would still own it. Great features, great tone just a blueprint of a Ferrari with the reliability of a Pinto.

Back