Einstein Head problem ....maybe??

synchu

Hi guys,

Few days ago after few months of non-playing my stuff due to various reasons (mostly traveling/flying the hell out of me - hate airport/planes and "ham or cheese" questions on Lufthansas flights) I switched on my beloved Einstein 100W head. At first glance (hearing) everything went fine, then I noticed that something does not look right - and that was the Channel 1 led light- it didn't work. After 10 minutes of playing it lit shiny blue again. Channel 2 led works fine.
I tested it few more times - same behavior - on switching the amp it doesn't turn on. After 5-10 minutes of playing it gets lit.

The only thing I've done after receiving the amp almost two years ago was changing the power tubes to KT77 some months ago.

Is there something wrong? Does it affect the sound/amp? Peter? Help, Hilfe, SOS? :)
I want my blue light :gethim: :)

Niki

So the amp sounds fine it is just a burnt LED? Or does something not sound or work right? Tubes do not effect LED's. Please give me more information.

Amp sounds fine, I think. The led is not burnt, as far as I see, because it switches on after 5-10 minutes of playing, it just doesn't turn on at the initial amp firing.

Niki

synchu":12fm7f4k said:

If the amp tone is allright don't worry.
The problems can be:
-the led itself
-the solderings
-the led resistance

I can be compleatly out of way..i simply suggest. :)

Just an update to the above issue, because it turned out interesting.

I recently went back from KT77 to EL34 (the new Chinese/Ruby BHT breed :) ) and the led is working alright - shiny blue again. Apart from the great tone they have - that was an additional benefit :)
Go figure.
Niki

Peter you are right in your doubts sir, Mr. Diezel! ....I am dumb...

There must be something esoteric happening with this Channel 1 lid. Yesterday - same behavior as described in my first post - dead for 10 minutes then lits all of a sudden.

May this be related with a preamp tube related to Channel 1 going bad or has nothing to do with this circuit (excuse my ignorance on the subject ) ?

Many thanks.

In affirmative recognition of my ignorance once more - what might be it?

That's difficult without having the amp in front of you, but ....any ideas?

It is not the led itself - since after some minutes of amp working it lits ... :/ :confused:

Back