Eleven Rack Updated

muudrock

Firmware update coming for 11R. Looks like some nice improvements. $99

New amp emulations:
Blue Line Bass (based on the 1969 Ampeg SVT* head)
J45 (based on the 1965 Marshall JTM45* head)
Black SR (based on the 1965 Fender Super Reverb* combo amp)
MS-30 (based on the 1993 Matchless D/C-30* combo amp)
Plexiglas Vari (based on the 1967 Marshall Super Lead "Plexi"* head with Variac modification)
Plexiglas 50W (based on the 1968 Marshall Super Lead 50W* head)
RB-01b (based on the Bogner Ecstasy 101B* head)
Custom Modern Clean Amp
Custom Modern Super Overdrive
Custom Modern 800
Custom Vintage Clean
Custom Vintage Overdrive
Custom Bass

New speaker cabinet emulations:
8x10 Blue Line (based on an Ampeg SVT* 8x10 with "towel bar")
4x10 Black SR (based on a Fender Super Reverb* 4x10 with CTS Alnico* speakers)
4x12 Green 20W (based on a Marshall* 4x12 with Celestion Heritage G12M* speakers)
4x12 65W (based on a Marshall* 4x12 with original issue Celestion G12-65* speakers)
2x12 B30 (based on a Bogner* 2x12 with Celestion Vintage 30* speakers)
2x12 Silver Cone (based on a Roland JC-120* 2x12)
1x15 Open Back (based on an Ampeg Reverberocket* 1x15 with Jensen C15N* speaker)
1x8 Custom

New effects emulations:
Parametric EQ (4-band)
Dynamic (Stereo) Delay
Dyn3 Compressor/Limiter
Multi-Chorus
Custom Distortion
White Boost Overdrive (based on the Xotic RC Booster*)

Will be an added purchase available March 22nd 2011

Damn... at least Fractal Audio has free firmware/upgrades. 100 bones for that expansion would piss me off if I already owned an 11 rack.

I'm ok with $99 to more than double the amp count if they're the same quality as what is already in there. Especially since the JTM45, Matchless and Bogner were on my wishlist...I could do without the new fx though...

After having the 11R I would not pay for upgrades. It is a nice unit but not worth paying for upgrades and wasnt really for me. I did like the knobs for tweaking….. and the color…..yeah thats it. :confused:

pfapin05":2tnsq28z said:
Damn... at least Fractal Audio has free firmware/upgrades. 100 bones for that expansion would piss me off if I already owned an 11 rack.

I personally don't have a problem with it. Now, If I paid $2000 for a modeler and had to pay for updates, I would be pissed. 11R cost me $700. With update, $800, so I'm really not complaining about it. When I had the AxeFx, I found I didn't need some of what it did and didn't use all the amp models. Kinda felt like I had too much and paid more than I should have for what I need. Great Unit though.
11R gets a para eq which is something it sorely needed along with more amp, speaker/mic convolutions. It's a very useful tool that I use a lot so I'm glad Avid updated it, finally...

That's a pretty set of additions.

Did they not do any algorithm updates? I will give Fractal points for that. Some updates have been hit and miss, but over the direction of the core algorithms has improved the overall tone of the unit.

I have an Eleven Rack (two, actually, one in my recording desk and one in my live rig...), but paying for an upgrade doesn't sit well with me. If I like the tweaks, I will probably buy it, but distributing it for free would sure be a nice gesture from Avid. I know that R&D isn't cheap, but customer satisfaction and repeat business by way of "perks" is also important.

Avid has probably done market studies that show that owners and potential buyers would be more willing to pay for an upgrade than look at alternative products. They (apparently) aren't worried about losing customers by charging for the upgrade. Dont know... Just guessing...
:rock:

voma79":9tyc6ryt said:
do you know if theyre going to update the software, or just the rack?
OP says "firmware update"... I hadn't heard anything about it, so I'll probably do some research on the Interwebz :D

IndyWS6":3v71xmk2 said:
voma79":3v71xmk2 said:
do you know if theyre going to update the software, or just the rack?
OP says "firmware update"... I hadn't heard anything about it, so I'll probably do some research on the Interwebz :D

It is a firmware update for the unit. All updates will work standalone and in PT of course. PT 8 and 9 is also being updated with the changes.

Have they made the Eleven Rack compatible with other DAW's yet? Or is it still Pro-Tools exclusive?
It is compatible with any DAW as a recording modeler. The 11R editor is still only available in PT AFAIK. I do wish they had a standalone editor. As far as an interface with other DAW's....the developers of those DAWs would need to give their DAW the ability to use it as interface. Being a PT user, none of this affects me, but I do see the need for these features to be added.

So will all new units come with this already installed at the current price or are they raising the price as new updates are added?

Jason

Muudrock - Apologies in advance for the off-topic post in your thread (hijacking, as it were... ;) )

Do you have any cool Eleven Rack presets that you would be willing to share? I can get close to what I'm aiming for, but just don't seem to have the ear needed to tweak to perfection like some others. If I have a good baseline, I can modify to suit, however.

I regularly check the Eleven Rack presets website, but I'm always looking for others to test...

Thanks in advance :rock:

IndyWS6":2iqw7y7h said:
Muudrock - Apologies in advance for the off-topic post in your thread (hijacking, as it were... ;) )

Do you have any cool Eleven Rack presets that you would be willing to share? I can get close to what I'm aiming for, but just don't seem to have the ear needed to tweak to perfection like some others. If I have a good baseline, I can modify to suit, however.

I regularly check the Eleven Rack presets website, but I'm always looking for others to test...

What kind of sounds are you looking for? I have a ton of patches saved for various needs. What guitar and pickups will you be using?Let me know, I can help you.
Remember, the 11R is very sensitive to the guitar/pickups used. This is a great thing because it's so much like real amps in that sense--no like some of the modelers out there that make every guitar sound the same. It can also frustrate some people because you'll hear a nice patch only to find it doesn't sound the same with your guitar. I write different patches for each style guitar--LP, Strat, Tele.

muudrock":cm9351ha said:
IndyWS6":cm9351ha said:

What kind of sounds are you looking for? I have a ton of patches saved for various needs. What guitar and pickups will you be using?Let me know, I can help you.
Remember, the 11R is very sensitive to the guitar/pickups used. This is a great thing because it's so much like real amps in that sense--no like some of the modelers out there that make every guitar sound the same. It can also frustrate some people because you'll hear a nice patch only to find it doesn't sound the same with your guitar. I write different patches for each style guitar--LP, Strat, Tele.
Cool - much appreciated...

I play several guitars, but primarily an Ibanez RG (with the factory HSS pickup configuration), an LP with '57 Classic Humbuckers or a Fender Strat (Robert Cray with SSS pickup configuration). I have a GC Pro connected to a GCX that, ultimately, also controls the Eleven Rack.

As a starting point, what I would like to have is 4 "go to" tones for each of, say, three different amp models. For example I would like to have a "Clean", a "Slightly Overdriven", a "Crunch" and a "Lead" patch for the Plexi, Recto and Soldano amp models. Since the Eleven Rack groups patches in banks, having groups of similar tones seems like a workable approach. From there, I would like to be able to use the CC messages to turn on/off the available effects within the patches using the GC Pro. I will also want special patches to cover specific songs, but those don't necessarily need to be grouped.

Hopefully, that makes sense. :rock:

Back