ENGL Blackmore boosted w/Barber Direct Drive **CLIP**

Love it! :rock: You always have the fattest tone to go with your killer riffs.

How do you place the SM57 on your cab? On axis and just off center where dust cap meets cone? I'd like to try whatever it is your doing 'cause it sounds great.

metalsoup":2udhvcek said:
Love it! :rock: You always have the fattest tone to go with your killer riffs.

How do you place the SM57 on your cab? On axis and just off center where dust cap meets cone? I'd like to try whatever it is your doing 'cause it sounds great.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

I place it straight on axis but just to the right of the dustcap.

Sounds great!!
What volume do you usually record at?
My problem is that I can't go higher than 2 so I opt to use impulses instead of micing...

xzyryabx":13mgz80b said:
Sounds great!!
What volume do you usually record at?
My problem is that I can't go higher than 2 so I opt to use impulses instead of micing...

I record LOUD. The nice feedback in the clip on the long sustained chords/notes is because I am sitting right next to the amp and it is pretty cranked up.

I would buy a whole CD of this kind of stuff - incredible playing. Love the riffs and the ENGL has that in your face, kick to the throat sound!
:rock: :m17: :rawk:

Sick tone man, just sick, so fat and juicy. I'm selling my Blackmore atm and your clip makes me regret my decision a lot. :D

dawnofdreamx97":2vfpgejk said:
nice job , i really like engl stuff , i think out of the box they are the closest ive heard to any of my cameron stuff.

Yeah, I will always hold a place for ENGLs as I think they are killer right out of the box. I have owned most of the big heads that they make and my faves are the more basic ones like the Blackmore and Fireball 100. The Retro 100 is awesome, too.

That is CD good music. The hooks, change ups. Great stuff. I would buy that off iTunes in a minute. As long as there were no Cookie Monster vox!

killertone":3210s5kw said:
dawnofdreamx97":3210s5kw said:
nice job , i really like engl stuff , i think out of the box they are the closest ive heard to any of my cameron stuff.

Yeah, I will always hold a place for ENGLs as I think they are killer right out of the box. I have owned most of the big heads that they make and my faves are the more basic ones like the Blackmore and Fireball 100. The Retro 100 is awesome, too.

def agree, my fav from them is the savage 120 and the e530 preamp, good stuff. Never tried the retro but really want to.... I would never need any other tones besides what those amps provide, i like keeping it simple.... :rock:

dawnofdreamx97":1genfky8 said:
killertone":1genfky8 said:
dawnofdreamx97":1genfky8 said:

def agree, my fav from them is the savage 120 and the e530 preamp, good stuff. Never tried the retro but really want to.... I would never need any other tones besides what those amps provide, i like keeping it simple.... :rock:

Totally agree with that!

Back