ENGL E-651 Artist Edition revealed

Just received my E651 Artist Edition from GC this week, incredible sounding amp. Owned a E650 RB signature back in 2004 and this is definitely a better sounding amp to me, best way to describe it is it has a more British tone with some nice LA style in the DNA. What was disappointing was descriptions and videos I watched on Engl prior to ordering shows a switchable effects loop and noise gate built in and a new type of 3/4 jack for the Z9 footswitch, none of which are on this amp? Be sure if looking for those features the amp you order have them. Mine is exactly like the Blackmore model in back, a little disappointed in regards to those features not as described, but a killer amp with amazing character

DiezelDave,

You must've gotten one of the original 30 made amps, they are going into
production now from here on out due to be released spring 2015.
Caught that on one of the NAMM 2015 videos and ENGL's
product release from the web site.

These amps will have the switchable loop and noise gate, if this is
important GC has a very good return/exchange policy and wait for the release
of the new one?

How does this one compare to the Blackmore?

This new E651 is everything the Blackmore is and more. Fantastic tone and EQ structure. Like a LA mod In a German built amp. Don't get me wrong ENGL makes incredible amps, many players like myself like the LA style 80's music and amp mods famous from that city, Horst langer and Doug Aldrich made sure some of that tone is captured in this head!
:)

thats a great freaking tone .Too bad it can't be put out in a new style amp 50 watt el34 .the voicing sounds great .

Any idea what the frequency is on the bass pot? I have it nearly turned all the way off and it is still quite overwhelming, I was hoping to put an eq in the loop to cut it.

I wish mine had come with the switchable effects loop, but I'm surprised they added a noise gate. I can't see why it's needed, I have an ISP and it doesn't get used with either the E-651 or my Ironball. I have the gain at 2 o'clock and hot BK pickups on all my guitars.

Btw, @thenine I couldn't respond to your PM because I don't have enough posts, but maybe the above will answer your question. Oh, and I'm using a old psionic audio switch for now. Cheers!

Back