Engl Fireball 100 for Hard Rock?

Rock Bodom

Obviously a fire breathing metal amp, great for the brootz, but was wondering how many guys ever use/like it for hard rock?

I've had mine for a few years, back when I was on a kick trying to play some modern heavy stuff...now that reality has set back in and I'm back to 80's hard rock where I belong, I've sold off all my modern metal amps. Except the Fireball 100.

It sits there totally out of place with my Marshalls, Friedman, etc....but something is just so killer about the voicing of that amp in its own right. Even used to have it sit side by side with an Engl SE, and I kept coming back to the Fireball.

Am I the only guy playing Motley Crue through one of these and digging it?

Wouldn't be my first choice, but I guess it could work with the bass backed off and the mid boost on. That amp definitely wants to be brutal.

You are not alone! I just picked up a Fireball 100 a few weeks back and it's a been a love fest. Funny enough, the other day I found myself playing the riff from Looks That Kill through it and it sounded awesome.

Stinkbomb":3nxmgopv said:
Funny enough, the other day I found myself playing the riff from Looks That Kill through it and it sounded awesome.
I know, right? I think that was the exact riff I was playing on it the other day too...somehow gets that Mick Mars "grind" going in its own way.

Beyond Black":25slhwad said:
Wouldn't be my first choice, but I guess it could work with the bass backed off and the mid boost on. That amp definitely wants to be brutal.

This is accurate. It won't sound like a JCM800, obviously, but there's enough range in the tone knobs that you should be able to get reasonably close.

Back