Eventide H90

ClintN667

So I got an H90 and I got to say I'm really digging it so far but I really only have a couple issues with it. One it's got too many crazy options. I don't go too balls out with effects so it's taking me a minute to dial these back. I feel like all the user presets are "look at this bizarre shit we can do!" Instead of stuff that actually sounds musical IMHO. It's going to take me a minute to learn how to dial some of this stuff in.

My second issue is it has Bluetooth but no mobile app. I'm sure it's in the works but it would have been nice to have it from the get go. Also I'm not sure I'm saving presets right cause everytime I do it seems to revert to some other preset then I have to reset it. I really enjoyed the effects on the line 6 stuff vs the Kemper or QC. The H90 seems to have a bit more of what I liked from the line 6 stuff.

If any of you guys are using it and have some tips for a basic bitch like me, let me know. Basically, I would like to build a nice lead tone with delay and reverb, something for cleans. The start doing some of the more complex stuff like harmonizer

Reactions: rsm
I just got one. It’s a pain to learn. I hooked it up to the desktop ap and it’s super easy.

All the presets are assigned to User 1. You cant overwrite them. You have to save something as User 2, 3 or 4.

i love the dual routing mode. I can have one patch that is set up to go through the amp loops and another set up to use the line out for W/D/W

Great pedal! Not the most intuitive GUI but the app is fantastic and makes it a lot easier to use. So many great sounds to explore and it has replaced a lot of pedals and allowed me to move to a much smaller pedalboard.

So I got an H90 and I got to say I'm really digging it so far but I really only have a couple issues with it. One it's got too many crazy options. I don't go too balls out with effects so it's taking me a minute to dial these back. I feel like all the user presets are "look at this bizarre shit we can do!" Instead of stuff that actually sounds musical IMHO. It's going to take me a minute to learn how to dial some of this stuff in.

My second issue is it has Bluetooth but no mobile app. I'm sure it's in the works but it would have been nice to have it from the get go. Also I'm not sure I'm saving presets right cause everytime I do it seems to revert to some other preset then I have to reset it. I really enjoyed the effects on the line 6 stuff vs the Kemper or QC. The H90 seems to have a bit more of what I liked from the line 6 stuff.

If any of you guys are using it and have some tips for a basic bitch like me, let me know. Basically, I would like to build a nice lead tone with delay and reverb, something for cleans. The start doing some of the more complex stuff like harmonizer
The H90 is one of those units that does so much you can't think of it in the terms of, "how can I integrate this into my core tone". Some--well most of the algos actually--are things you use for maybe one part in one song of your set. Or whacky crazy sounds that hopefully some people can use to create something original and musical. I'm in a Zep tribute so this does my HMMT flange, the Wanton Song solo warble, octave down Fool in the Rain solo, harmonized delays to fill space in songs meant for more than 3 musicians...that sort of thing. Like @PBGas mentioned, it can really clear up space on your board. It does basic reverbs and delays better than just about anything but since I don't use a lot of variation there, I don't run those in front.

You really need to run it through a PC or laptop--well I did anyway. Apparently there is a mobile app in the works but it will not be released anytime soon

I’m in the same boat as you; got one a few weeks ago but haven’t had too much time to mess with it. Trying to dial it in is a pain in the ass, I agree about all the presets being way too crazy. I hooked it up to a pc and it’s way easier to set it up that way. Supposedly a Bluetooth app is in the works. I’m still trying to figure it out though so I’ll be watching this closely.

There are some great videos of people learning how to plug and play and dialing down the extremes of the effects. I do the wet dry and it sounds quite good. I have gone through about 10 different songs that we do and manipulate the effects and save. I would not make 30 presets at once. I’d go crazy. So far very impressed. I also like how you can run the effects in parallel, series, before after. Whatever. Also on one side I have the wet effects and through one of the H90 loops I can run dry with OD, EQ etc. very nice so far. This ain’t plug and play. I need to go to the midi thread and really figure how to run the Caswell, H90, lexicon, H9 at the flick of a button as well

So I created a patch that has delay and reverb and it sounds really good. I also think I could have gotten away with just using the delay as it sings and sounds wide. The Gui isn't the most intuitive but I do agree that the desktop app makes it much easier. There is one song that I like to play that is a two part harmony (Carcass' Long and Winding Bier Road) that I would love to be able to reproduce with the H90.

I really like the flanger effect as well. I think I need to learn each effect on its own merit before I try to use multiple ones. I've always been a bit leary about about the H9 due to the only one algo at a time limitation but now I'm seeing that it's much of a limitation at all.

So I created a patch that has delay and reverb and it sounds really good. I also think I could have gotten away with just using the delay as it sings and sounds wide. The Gui isn't the most intuitive but I do agree that the desktop app makes it much easier. There is one song that I like to play that is a two part harmony (Carcass' Long and Winding Bier Road) that I would love to be able to reproduce with the H90.

I really like the flanger effect as well. I think I need to learn each effect on its own merit before I try to use multiple ones. I've always been a bit leary about about the H9 due to the only one algo at a time limitation but now I'm seeing that it's much of a limitation at all.
There was one patch and I can’t remember which but the polyphonic maybe/plus a delay… I was fiddling with “ballad of Jayne” intro which held onto the C and sounded good without the synth in the back; like a loop of C. Not that I’ll use it for that but the effect was cool and didn’t sound cluttered. And now I know I can have a pseudo loop with extra ringing notes. In the end I’ll fuck it up sound wise but it sounded good at the time

. There is one song that I like to play that is a two part harmony (Carcass' Long and Winding Bier Road) that I would love to be able to reproduce with the H90.

I have a patch I use made for Death harmonies that sounds pretty good. Would probably sound good for that song.

Do you have a link or is it shared somewhere?

Here's a picture of the settings on the control ap. I use an expression pedal to control the mix from 0-100 so I can easily turn the effect on and off.

njDDfJp.jpg

I had the same settings on my H9. You can hear what it sounds like at the beginning of this video and another part in the video at about 2:20

Here's a picture of the settings on the control ap. I use an expression pedal to control the mix from 0-100 so I can easily turn the effect on and off.

njDDfJp.jpg

I had the same settings on my H9. You can hear what it sounds like at the beginning of this video and another part in the video at about 2:20

That is killer!! Thank you so much!

Back