EVH 5150 Overdrive does da BROWN sound...

petethorn

Some have said it won't do the BROWN thing. I disagree, I think that it really gets a great approximation of that tone :)

Who can concentrate on the pedal? That was some of the most awesome EVH "in the style of..." playing I've seen to date! Really great job!

Steve

sah5150":1lw4i3fc said:
Who can concentrate on the pedal? That was some of the most awesome EVH "in the style of..." playing I've seen to date! Really great job!

Steve

+1. Had that swing

Yeah, sure Pete Thorn. I will not fall for your demo voodoo. I will not spend more money because you made a cool video.
Dammit. :doh:

It's really not an OD, more of a distortion. And since I don't own a clean amp - I can never get the same Thornian results!

ewill52":kv81c7xf said:
Damn you sir. Damn you. You cost me so much money!

Haha. But we all know, you can't buy what Pete has. I watch Pete's videos and then turn and look at my gear and wonder "How do I get it all in the fireplace?"

Dave

AndyK":2dcpzgmz said:
It's really not an OD, more of a distortion. And since I don't own a clean amp - I can never get the same Thornian results!

Was thinking the same thing. I'm dying to get a good distortion pedal to put on top of the clean channel in the Mark V:25.

Pete makes everything sound good and this is no exception... so technically yes, I am sure it can get that sound. However, everywhere else on youtube where there is a demo, it sounds like a compressed toy compaired to the real amp. Fantastic playing though, I agree with everyon else!

Hey dudes thanks for the kind words!
It's just a great sounding pedal to my ears- to get the brown thing, just keep the game down a bit below half, boost the bass and treble a bit and have the mids halfway or a bit less. Use an amp with fender style clean with no bright cap or bright switch on. And use a closed cab with a greenback type speaker if possible. Should sound just like this!

petethorn":2pyrdiqf said:
Hey dudes thanks for the kind words!
It's just a great sounding pedal to my ears- to get the brown thing, just keep the game down a bit below half, boost the bass and treble a bit and have the mids halfway or a bit less. Use an amp with fender style clean with no bright cap or bright switch on. And use a closed cab with a greenback type speaker if possible. Should sound just like this!

Funny how my iPhone always changes GAIN to GAME! Thanks Siri! :doh:

Back