Explorer love....

Les Zombie":e2f8sdcl said:
narad":e2f8sdcl said:
Les Zombie":e2f8sdcl said:
I was the one who owned the red olive ash burl KL, beautiful guitar, nice to see you still have it.

Yup. Can't remember if I mentioned but when I ordered the grey one it was a few years earlier, and I had originally sent Ken a pic of the red one like, "Make me this!", but he had already used up all the olive ash. So I was/am super happy to be able to grab this, still glad we worked something out. And then immediately tried to change the specs on the custom build as much as I could! So the red is all mahogany / actives (now the het-set), the grey one has a maple neck and BKP aftermaths.

The red one sounded great when i had it, the color was cool too, kinda looks like blood in thr pics.
Heres a cool pic of that guitar, not sure if i sent ya this one.

Oh wow -- saved! haha

Here are mine. Also have a KL in the making but that will take quite some time. :rock:

xlarge.JPG

xlarge.JPG

xlarge.JPG

xlarge.JPG

xlarge.JPG

Not sure if this will show as a picture, 1984 Gibson custom artwork explorer. Bought it brand new, painted fence for an entire summer. I was 14.

Attachments

• 0210180831.jpg
    0210180831.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 823
Stradazone":pp6j8g4o said:
1976 Ibanez Destroyer/Explorer
Need a bit of work
with a band saw and some added wire tensioners
some red paint
and stripes :yes:

SomedudeinTX":1kqsz46h said:
^^^^^ more info on that one? Love Floyd’s on Explorers!

USA custom shop Dean. When they first started back up in early 2000(before they got Dime back onboard)they decided to do a couple of USA Floyded Z guitars. The first 2 they made were this one and a trans raspberry finish. So it's one of the first floyded Z Dean ever made. Now they have a couple of import versions,but this custom shop one is legend on the Dean forum. The top is insane.

Wish I could find pics of the Hamer Punisher standard. Another one-off with Punisher skull inlays.

BTW,this post was to test my photobucket. I am now paying the $1.99 a month fee(new pricing)to test the image hoasting.

Back