Fake LP?

Call me crazy, but the lower section of the body looks to be slightly undersized for an authentic Les Paul. Or maybe the general shape just seems off.

silverburst_cropped_front.JPG
!CD7ETDgBGk~$(KGrHqMOKkEE0ePJHpVIBNQKmMS4tw~~_12.JPG

Yeah I think it is a fake, I don't think I have ever seen a water drop shaped burst pattern on the back (or front) of any Les. They are usually a solid or tinted color on the back from what I remember on all Les's. I'm certainly no expert on LP's though.

Edit - I stand corrected. I googled some 2005 Silverburst Les Paul's. it looks close

Notice how the vertical gap in the middle is different. Dunno if they would vary THAT much from one Gibson to another.

Attachments

• headstock.jpg
    headstock.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 1,356
Can't tell without seeing closer shots of the pup cavities, the binding, the side of the body complete from neck left to neck right, and the headstock.

Ask for some close ups.

Peace,
V.

The headstock definitely looks fake and it doesn't look like it has the nibs on the ends of the frets. It looks like it has conductive paint in the control cavity as well. I've never owned/seen a Gibson that had conductive paint in there.

I think it looks real if I had to say just from that one pic, but I can tell for sure if there were pics of the cavities an routes so ask for some close ups. I know that the original silverburst guitars had the sunburst finishes on the back neck and headstock but not sure if the recent 2000's had the finish like that on the back side,

Fake.

Headstock Diamond is too small.

Serial/Made In USA...incorrect.

Can't see the Gibson Custom logo on the back of the headstock anywhere.

As for the Teardrop, that's the current design...Mine looks similar, silverburst back and neck. pretty close.

mightywarlock":187yqtwm said:
Fake.

Headstock Diamond is too small.

Serial/Made In USA...incorrect.

Can't see the Gibson Custom logo on the back of the headstock anywhere.

As for the Teardrop, that's the current design...Mine looks similar, silverburst back and neck. pretty close.

Are you saying the eBay one is fake or the CL one?

Back