Farmikos

Same here. I've got 3 CDs in my rotation lately, and this one jumped right to the top

1: Farmikos
2: Stephen Chesney/Robert Mason ep
3: KXM
Close4: Lynch Mob Sun Red Sun

Just ordered it from CDBaby. Joe is such a great player with such cool tone. It's about time he did something!

Got it in the mail the other day. Loving it.
Chubtone you might want to pick up a flannel at the same time. :LOL: :LOL:

Dark AIC Dirt vibe on the album. If you want 80s warrant or poison hair metal rhythms look else where.
Kick ass guitar playing all over this.
And the singer sounds a little more unique rather than a Cornell clone people were worried about or at least it didn't bother me.

H Golf Sport":22rafmpp said:

Dark AIC Dirt vibe on the album. If you want 80s warrant or poison hair metal rhythms look else where.
And the singer sounds a little more unique rather than a Cornell clone people were worried about or at least it didn't bother me.

Mainly buying it for Joe's playing and his tone. I've heard the tunes already and Joe, unlike most guitarists, seems to be more influenced by music that came out when he was 30 than music that came out when he was 17-25. To me it seems difficult to believe I would be more influenced by Jerry Cantrell and Kim Thayil than some guy named Randy Rhoads that I had sat across from in a lesson room and learned from, but that's just me. :D

I will not be buying flannel. I live in LA, but then again, so does Joe.

Just picked this cd up as well and personally I can't stop listening to it!

I for one am glad it's not a thowback to the 80's era stuff and yes it does have a 90's AIC/ Soundgarden type of vibe, but still retains it's own unique identity as well as Joe tearing it all over the place! Sick solos and well crafted songs that certainly have a Randy Rhodes influence, yet doesn't sound like Joe is just rippin off Randy, as the stuff Joe is playing is very much his own unique style and I have found a new favorite guitarist .

The Vocals just kill... Being a big AIC and Soundgarden fan , yes you can make some comparision, but I think that is a good thing myself, anyway best album I have bought in a long time and hope they come to Colorado!!! :rock:

I've been telling everyone I can about this band from the second I saw the first teaser video pop up on youtube. Best new band in decades, period. Been a fan of Joe's since his Ozzy days when I saw him live a few times. It's real nice to hear some original material from him finally since he never got the chance to record with Ozzy or David Lee Roth when he played with both of them.

Chubtone":2562s3m1 said:
H Golf Sport":2562s3m1 said:

Mainly buying it for Joe's playing and his tone. I've heard the tunes already and Joe, unlike most guitarists, seems to be more influenced by music that came out when he was 30 than music that came out when he was 17-25. To me it seems difficult to believe I would be more influenced by Jerry Cantrell and Kim Thayil than some guy named Randy Rhoads that I had sat across from in a lesson room and learned from, but that's just me. :D

I will not be buying flannel. I live in LA, but then again, so does Joe.

I know what you mean. After waiting since I think 92 for an album from Joe, I was hoping for more Terrif and less Dogma. I enjoyed his style in Terrif as much as RR, Lynch, Akira, and XYZ. Lovin the album though. Most I have enjoyed a new album since ozzmosis. :rock:

Joe said that he was playing with Ozzy, with Zakk and Dime standing on the side of the stage watching him... Why was Zakk not playing with Ozzy? Rather, why did Ozzy replace Zakk with Joe temporarily?

Also, Joe said; "I played today up until about 4:00 PM..." Why would he want to play guitar all day vs. fucking-off on internet music forums? :dunno:

Shark Diver":jywqe4sc said:
Last 2 guitars we put out were Joe Holmes inspired:

Cool! Mine below. I don't know anything about Holmes when I did mine though.
photo1copy.jpg

Badronald":1fqkj7hb said:
Shark Diver":1fqkj7hb said:
Last 2 guitars we put out were Joe Holmes inspired:

Cool! Mine below. I don't know anything about Holmes when I did mine though.
photo1copy.jpg
Mine:

jhf_1.jpg

jhf_2.jpg

Oh... and finally listened to the whole thing on my way to San Diego today and REALLY dig what Joe did on this! :rock:

Steve

First off those Luxxtones look SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Secondly Joe Holmes kicks major ass!
& Lastly, Farmikos is absolutely killer, great record.

Back