FCB1010 + TC Electronic G-Major + Eleven Rack

Phill

Hello, just bought a second hand TC Electronic G-Major1 and connected it with my Eleven rack. The eleven rack works perfect with my FCB1010 footcontroller (eurekaprom V3.2). It all works perfect with loopFX (4 cables) but how do I store the G-major effects on my FCB1010 ? I need to turn off and on the fx on my footcontroller.

I have a g-maj 2. Do this. FSB midi out to the Eleven, midi Thru (or out) from Eleven to the Gmaj in.

Preset 1 on the FCB1010. I assume you already have your program/tone on the Eleven preset 1(as you said that you've used it with it). Say it's distortion and you want a little delay and reverb. When you press 1 on the FSB, the Eleven should go to 1 and the Gmaj should go to 1 as well. This is the 1:1 default that midi devices have. You can switch away from that, but I wouldn't, you don't need to.

On the gmaj, dial up the effects that you want for preset 1 and save. Do the same for all of your presets 1-20 or whatever. Just press the FSB number 2 (as example) dial in the sounds that you want and save. You don't have to go into midi at all.

The neat thing with the FSB is that you can assign the pedal CC's to different midi numbers, 7 and 21 are mine (randomly). On the Gmaj, you can go into midi setup and program delay length and/or level to be controlled by CC 7. So you can dial up or down the amount of delay in your sound on the fly.

Thx shredhead7 for the quick response. I'll try it monday because I'm out all weekend. I'll let you later on if it works. Have a nice day 🎸👍

Hey shredhead7. Seems I am doing something wrong. Yes I'm a nooby. All connections are ok. FX loop is on on the eleven rack. Must be some settings on the Gmajor or so? The presets aren't changing when I press a button on the FCB1010. It does on the 11R like before. Read the manual but my (technical) English is not that good. :unsure:

Try going from the FSB into the TC first and see if it will switch presets. If that works, then from the TC out (or thru) going into the Eleven rack.

If the FSB won't switch the TC when going directly into the IN (with nothing else hooked up), then we know that you have to restore the TC to default settings. Out of the box it is set Omni and 1:1. Meaning, if it receives a midi program number 3, it will switch to preset 3.

It's set up like that. Do I have to changes midi channels on both devices?
If you are going into the 11R first, you might need to set up how the MIDI OUT / THRU works. You may need to enable it to send the signal through the MIDI THRU to the G Major.

Yeah, probably just put both on OMNI channel, so they respond to anything.

Back