Fender Tonemaster Twin Reverb - Is Digital "Close Enough"?

GearGasms

Doctor Love
Happy Good Friday! Would it be a Better Friday if you had one of these Fender Twin Reverb Tonemaster amps in a gorgeous vintage finish? You better believe it would! Thanks to Earle Teat Music Delmar, Delaware for lending me this digital beast to share with you all!
What are your thoughts on the Fender Tonemaster series? Are they an even swap, or even viable alternative to their tube counterparts? Oh, and shop your local music store, wherever you are!
Have a great weekend and Celebrate Mediocrity!
alan

I ain't super enthused by any of the tone maser stuff. I can buy a vintage SF Twin for similar money though it would probably require some bench and maintenance time, but would be worth it, and worth more, in the end. To my ears the modeling fail started to ooze out once you started cranking it. It wasn't terribly bad, just not worth the dough if you are seeking cranked twin reverb amp gainr. Very good review though. The dimed treble clean was pretty nice I thought.

Only part that disappointed me was you had one of the time stamps marked as '47 ES355 but you had a Purple Charvel instead. I forgive you though, because the guitar was purple and that covers a multitude of wrongdoings, lol. Make the same mistake twice and it better have gold hardware too heh heh! Thanks for sharing!

I played one and it sounded flat compared to my Hot Rod Deville 212. I was ready to lay money down for it (who doesn't want a lightweight Fender Twin) and to my surprise I didn't like it at all and went home without buying it. It just didn't seem to have the punch of a real valve amp despite having volume.

Back