Fener Deluxe Reverb

soundseeker65

Good day . I am looking for advice on how to get more out of my reissue Deluxe Reverb . 3 piece rock band , and it's not quite loud enough . The sound is superior to other amps iv used , and I am loath to give up and get something heavier that doesn't sound as great .

Power station, plus another 1x12, if you can get the ohms ratings to work. That's the simplest way to keep your original sound. And the only way that is going to just give you more of the deluxe.

Otherwise reamping/slaving with a load box of some type. Two notes, etc.

If you simply add a speaker it's not going to help nearly as much as some forumites would have you believe. A stand may help slightly, but if it's a big issue it's not gonna help anywhere NEAR enough.

If I was you? I would get a second small combo amp and run it wet dry.

Use the DR as your dry amp, and a stereo time based fx like a delay verb or chorus, or radial ABY pedal.

If you're on a budget, I'd grab a Peavey classic 30 combo, if you're not on a budget get a DRRI.

People are going to list a million "I put my DRRI on a stand and gained 30db" bullshit options but none of them are going to work - there's no replacement for displacement.

I'd grab a similar sounding amp and run it wet dry, or a power station/reamping solution with another cab. Which means more stuff to lug around.

Any solution people offer without more wattage and another speaker is going to be complete bullshit.

Source: I've had this exact problem before with a similar amp, and gone thru all the different options people suggested on a forum.

That's an age old problem. And why they made Vibrolux Reverbs...and Pro Reverbs...and Super Reverbs...and Twin Reverbs. Just pick the size you want altho there are sound differences you can get in the same ballpark with all of them. How much clean more headroom do you need?

Vibrolux Reverbs are about perfect size imo but if you need a bunch of clean headroom go bigger. Super Reverbs are very loud before they give it up.

Put a more efficient speaker in there. JBL D/K/E120, EVM12L or something along those lines. Depending on how much more clean headroom or volume you need that might or might not cut it. I like those speakers in a Twin myself. If you have a loud drummer a Deluxe doesn't cut it IME but I have seen guys make it work fine. To get a clean tone over a loud drummer the Twin is the ticket.

Put a more efficient speaker in there. JBL D/K/E120, EVM12L or something along those lines. Depending on how much more clean headroom or volume you need that might or might not cut it. I like those speakers in a Twin myself. If you have a loud drummer a Deluxe doesn't cut it IME but I have seen guys make it work fine. To get a clean tone over a loud drummer the Twin is the ticket.
Tone tubby love deluxe rev

Back