Finally played a Harley Benton

Matt300ZXT

Wow....thats all I can say. My friend has one, just a HSH model with the Wilkinson v50 trem instead of the vs100 and the neck is beautiful, smooth, juuuuust right on size and the frets feel great, it's easy to slide up and down and your hand not get stuck and slowed down on dull frets. Granted, he had put better pickups in and if the frets needed any work, he would have been able to tweak them slightly, but that's a LOT of guitar like all the reviewers say. I was quite impressed.

I have 2, and I think they are great for what they are.
Same, I have the Amarok I think.

It has emg and sounds really good, plays fine. Minor QC issues and it is one of the heaviest guitars I've ever had.

I think i could have scored a better guitar used for the same price in same condition 6 years ago but these days idk

It has emg and sounds really good, plays fine. Minor QC issues and it is one of the heaviest guitars I've ever had.

I think i could have scored a better guitar used for the same price in same condition 6 years ago but these days idk
I just looked that model up out of curiousity, and yeah that's a pretty hard to beat deal just going off specs. I got a schecter Reaper 6 in 2020 for $475 in near-mint condition, and purely based of spec's the HB is really tempting in comparison, with both having advantageous over the other. I've never played an Amarok though so I can't compare how the two guitars play.

I just looked that model up out of curiousity, and yeah that's a pretty hard to beat deal just going off specs. I got a schecter Reaper 6 in 2020 for $475 in near-mint condition, and purely based of spec's the HB is really tempting in comparison, with both having advantageous over the other. I've never played an Amarok though so I can't compare how the two guitars play.
I had a Reaper 7 MS, would take the Schecter over the HB any day. But the HB really isn't bad at all.

It's just realllllly heavy and depends on the QC

I have been curious about that model, but not sure if I would like the neck. I think it has a thinner neck than mine.

I have a HH Fusion model, and the HH Strat Jim Root looking one.

Curious, why? I'm biased that way myself, but I don't have the experience of playing both to back up my opinion.
It's hard to compare a 7 string Multiscale to a 6 string but I just liked the neck carve on the Reaper better and the QC is much better. Plus the weight of the HB really bothers me.

The 3 short 6 string videos I uploaded last week were all with the Harley benton. Definitely sounds good and it isnt bad at all for the price. IMO if you don't mind a boat anchor beater guitar on your back it's worth it. If you want perfection definitely stay away from HB, at least from my experience. I'm sure not all of them have chunks missing from the board but it wasn't worth the hassle of returning for me on a sub $500

Last edited:
Got myself this HB Telecaster for 129 EUR delivery included (I'm in the EU) during some sales. Its value is incredible: the finish is good, it plays very well and stays in tune. The pickups are the weakest point but still give some very decent cleans. At this price it's the perfect beginner's guitar or tinkering guitar, which is my plan with it.

I need (not really but solid excuse) a baritone for occasional spots in the set, they have a really solid looking one for like $180

Back