Finally played some Diezels for the 1st time

So I took another trip to the GC.

This time they had the Paul.

Paul:
The gain ch definitely had a dominating hot rodded marshall sound.
I felt it was more dynamic and transparent for lead playing than the D Moll and the tone was very rocking, a very fun amp to play on.
The D Moll did a better job for heavy rhythm tone though. I also found the D Moll just sounded bigger and more evil than the Paul, 45W vs 100W. It's a great fit for people wanting to try a Diezel but don't want to give up that familiar British high gain tone.

Hagen:.
This amp surprised me.
This amp is very different from the VH4. It's dark yet has a lot of high that will cut thru. I'd say it's more closer to the Herbert. The overall tone almost sounded like it had the mid cut on all the time.
The gain sounded a bit more complex like it had more layers in its tone(more 3d?) compared to the D Moll.
All 4 chs were all very useable. I am not much of a clean ch guy but the ch1 sounded great. The ch 2 woah! I dialed in this tone which was just perfect for playing 80's heavy metal. The ch3 could get heavy and tight, made me start playing Lamb of God riffs. CH4 gets more saturated than the 3 but still very useable tone. I am kind of GASing for a Hagen right now, but I think my D Moll will help me calm down.

Playing all these different Diezels, as similar as I thought they would be, they are all quite different animals...
Amp companies make different amps and we players always try to pick the one that fits us the best, but somehow after playing them all in person, we discover something special and unique in each one of them and end up getting even more confused... lol
For now I am happy with my decision on the D Moll, but I can definitely see myself buying a VH2 or Hagen in future.

LOL! Yeah... the only thing I can say about a Diezel is that owning one will make you want to own them all. They are all unique and all great!

To the op, which GC did you try in Texas?
Were you at the Dallas Platinum room off 635?
That’s where I got my herb also over a year ago,
Awesome they started having them in stock to try!!

LunatiBSW":3vsx2ewf said:

Yes that's the one.
They had everything, VH4, VH2, Herbert mkII, Hagen, D Moll, Paul along with 2x12 and 4x12 cabs.
I am grateful to finally have tried them all!
Would love to try the Herbert MkIII soon. :rock:

megaboogie":76ylibfi said:
LunatiBSW":76ylibfi said:

Yes that's the one.
They had everything, VH4, VH2, Herbert mkII, Hagen, D Moll, Paul along with 2x12 and 4x12 cabs.
I am grateful to finally have tried them all!
Would love to try the Herbert MkIII soon. :rock:

Nice, I’m seriously contemplating a vh2. They had a lot in stock when I tried my herbert last year also. Very cool!!!

The VH2 sounds great based on the limited clips so far. I only pretty much used channel 3 on the VH4 so this makes perfect sense for me... and I’d still like to give the MK3 Herbert a spin... but none have made it to the US yet. European and German dealers have them in-stock now though.

:gethim: :no:

Wizard of Ozz":2ymirfr4 said:
and I’d still like to give the MK3 Herbert a spin...

I would too - just to play it though. I don't think I'll every own another Diezel after I sell my Herbert MK2. I do like the amp and the company, I just don't like it near as much as the Wizards or my UL. It's not even close. My KT150 ships on Friday, so who knows...maybe even the UL will be next on the chopping block. :LOL: :LOL:

mhenson42":2yo4gpxf said:
Wizard of Ozz":2yo4gpxf said:

I would too - just to play it though. I don't think I'll every own another Diezel after I sell my Herbert MK2. I do like the amp and the company, I just don't like it near as much as the Wizards or my UL. It's not even close. My KT150 ships on Friday, so who knows...maybe even the UL will be next on the chopping block. :LOL: :LOL:
What’s the KT150? Is that like a MC or MTL with kt88’s?

mhenson42":11lwf4q0 said:
Wizard of Ozz":11lwf4q0 said:

:2thumbsup: :rock:

Cool beans.

braintheory":2h3ukvp5 said:
mhenson42":2h3ukvp5 said:
Wizard of Ozz":2h3ukvp5 said:

What’s the KT150? Is that like a MC or MTL with kt88’s?

Yes. Mine will be an MCII with 4 KT88s. 150 Watts. Different transformers. It can be built on the MTL platform as well.

Back