Fireball 100 issue

JMRoss

Recently my FB 100 loses its lead/distortion channel after the amp has been on for around 10 to 15 minutes. It just disappears. This doesn't affect the clean channel, only the lead channel. Shut off the amp for a bit & when you turn it back on it sounds fine for a little bit then cuts out. Like its over heating or something. I've replaced the pre-amp tubes & the problem still occurs. I've had this amp almost two years & have not had it serviced. It still has the stock ENGL 6l6's in it. Could this problem be caused by a faulty power tube? The PTM on the face does not indicate any failed tubes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For anyone else that may encounter this type of issue, - take the amp to a tech! I just got word from the tech I took mine to. According to him, I had a string of diodes that were not soldered to the board completely, tube sockets that needed tightened & the 1/4 jack used to plug the foot switch in was loose and moved when inserting the cable. He tested all the tubes & said they are fine. It was all components on the board. I'm guessing this amp was built on either a Monday or a Friday :D

Back